James Cameron Plugging Oil Spill?

Which I did point out: Cameron does have experience with deep-sea robotics and imagery, in his documentaries. But friggin' CBS News instead decided to cite his experience with Titanic and The Abyss. THAT citation is completely !@#$ing stupid.

On a different but related topic...I wonder if anyone's enlisted Robert Ballard's help. He's got as much if not more deep ocean experience than anyone.

Agreed. But such is the way with News outlets and 90% of the public. Simple and uninformed. I really don't know any more if the media dumbs it down for the public or if the media is just as dumb as the public. But, if you ask me, what's killing journalism is the lack of journalism itself. The need to rush something to press or air every 30 minutes with no thought or research behind it leads to sloppy conclusions and then they expect people to pay for that. But, I'm afraid there's no way to escape. How can someone take even a full day to properly research and report on a topic when they're about to be scooped by 1,000 people? Even if half of them are wrong.

I'm sure Cameron has talked to Ballard. <_<

Agreed. But such is the way with News outlets and 90% of the public. Simple and uninformed. I really don't know any more if the media dumbs it down for the public or if the media is just as dumb as the public. But, if you ask me, what's killing journalism is the lack of journalism itself. The need to rush something to press or air every 30 minutes with no thought or research behind it leads to sloppy conclusions and then they expect people to pay for that. But, I'm afraid there's no way to escape. How can someone take even a full day to properly research and report on a topic when they're about to be scooped by 1,000 people? Even if half of them are wrong.

I'm sure Cameron has talked to Ballard. <_<

Breaking news: James Cameron has just been nominated as the new Director of National Intelligence , based on his experience making True Lies. :D