Breast Cancer Vaccine

WWVaBeach

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say...I had a bit of an 'epic' thread a few years ago when my 6 month old (at the time) daughter was dealing with every conceivable complication of open heart surgery. 90 days later we brought her home. that 'thread' unfortunately was lost with the server crash. Regardless of her 'individual' story, your point is completely valid. there is a lot of joking on this board, but Never with this type of thing. I recall with some genuine surprise (and appreciation) how comforting the support was...... especially considering how most of us are complete 'strangers.' I 'vented' in many directions at that time but this was one of them....and it served me well.

I remember that. How is she doing?

not wanting to hijack an important thread topic but to answer your question....

quite well. She'll be four in November. Just had her third and hopefully last open heart in early April. Her cardiac status is now essentially normal. Considering where we came from that, in itself, is miraculous. Our 'challenge' going forward is dealing with the stroke she had after the first surgery. She has progressed from the point where her neurologists feared she was blind, deaf and perhaps permanently weak on her right side.....to now being quite normal in terms of her speech, vision and hearing. Her right arm weakness remains her biggest obstacle but nothing has plateaued as of yet. She walks quite well and runs with a slight limp. Her arm actually seems to affect her 'running' more than her leg as she does not have typical arm swing. Kids have phenomenal potential to recover from neurologic injuries and her stroke would have had far more permanent impact on an adult. We do, however, have hills to climb every day but she is the very definition of a 'fighter.' Beyond all that, she is a beautiful kid who we are Blessed to have every day.

quite well. She'll be four in November. Just had her third and hopefully last open heart in early April. Her cardiac status is now essentially normal. Considering where we came from that, in itself, is miraculous. Our 'challenge' going forward is dealing with the stroke she had after the first surgery. She has progressed from the point where her neurologists feared she was blind, deaf and perhaps permanently weak on her right side.....to now being quite normal in terms of her speech, vision and hearing. Her right arm weakness remains her biggest obstacle but nothing has plateaued as of yet. She walks quite well and runs with a slight limp. Her arm actually seems to affect her 'running' more than her leg as she does not have typical arm swing. Kids have phenomenal potential to recover from neurologic injuries and her stroke would have had far more permanent impact on an adult. We do, however, have hills to climb every day but she is the very definition of a 'fighter.' Beyond all that, she is a beautiful kid who we are Blessed to have every day.

Despite ongoing challenges (and, really, who doesn't have ongoing challenges?), it sounds like you and your family are very close to weathering this storm. And remember, people who survive these types of experiences (even if it happens when they're young children) tend to be better people for it.

Unlike most of the spoiled generation of children this country raises, your daughter will always know the meaning of struggle and true success. <_<

Situations like this bring to mind how essentially meaningless nearly all of the banter on this board really is. While we have fun it is nice to remember that behind each post is a person who faces challenges every day. May your daughter continue to recover and with time may her life be less challenging.

Take care.

Situations like this bring to mind how essentially meaningless nearly all of the banter on this board really is. While we have fun it is nice to remember that behind each post is a person who faces challenges every day. May your daughter continue to recover and with time may her life be less challenging.

Take care.

Great post BB. One of the best i have read in awhile, almost gave me goosebumps. Excellent job. <_<

Heres to that :D

That is really awesome! I remember what a fighter she was back then!

Basically, every kind of cancer is a separate disease. There will never be one cure for cancer. Some just come from random mutations.

That's what I thought........A cure for cancer sounded good until I really learned more about cancer than I ever wanted to.

Despite ongoing challenges (and, really, who doesn't have ongoing challenges?), it sounds like you and your family are very close to weathering this storm. And remember, people who survive these types of experiences (even if it happens when they're young children) tend to be better people for it.

You're dead on. we all truly have battles to face. Although it's hard to measure the impact on her own life at this stage (save the physical stuff), there is no question her story has impacted others. we are definitely a better family as a result.

Situations like this bring to mind how essentially meaningless nearly all of the banter on this board really is. While we have fun it is nice to remember that behind each post is a person who faces challenges every day. May your daughter continue to recover and with time may her life be less challenging. Take care.

thanks. the bolded part is so true. we forget that the avatars are just the tip of the iceberg. Real folks live behind them. I concur with the 'Count.' Your post (the bolded part in particular) is, perhaps, my favorite of all time here. Strong work!

Great post BB. One of the best i have read in awhile, almost gave me goosebumps. Excellent job. <_<

Heres to that :lol:

That is really awesome! I remember what a fighter she was back then!

Thanks....she certainly was and is. I, again, appreciate all the support I got here. If, by any chance, someone has a copy of my original thread, I'd love to get it. I doubt it ......but just thought I'd ask.

Thanks....she certainly was and is. I, again, appreciate all the support I got here. If, by any chance, someone has a copy of my original thread, I'd love to get it. I doubt it ......but just thought I'd ask.

It's probably in the archives if you can remember some of the more unique words that would have been used, I bet you can find it in a search.

You need a wayback machine. This is not going to have all pages, so you may not find it here. But if you put twobillsdrive into the search, you will find quite a few pages saved throughout the years. If you look around the same timeframe as when you posted, you might find it.

Wayback machine

It's probably in the archives if you can remember some of the more unique words that would have been used, I bet you can find it in a search.

You need a wayback machine. This is not going to have all pages, so you may not find it here. But if you put twobillsdrive into the search, you will find quite a few pages saved throughout the years. If you look around the same timeframe as when you posted, you might find it.

Wayback machine

thanks to you both. I tried searching the site archives and the 'wayback machine' (which is very cool). The wayback machine found the "off the wall" page with the thread listed. When I tried to open it, however, the actual thread was "not archived."

In searching the site archives, I found a huge gap between early 2007 to mid 2008. this, unfortunately, was the 'time' I needed. It was presumably part of the crash.

thanks for a flash of hope. :ph34r:

Unfortunately this comes 2 years too late to have helped save my Mom :ph34r:

But hopefully this saves others from having to suffer what she went thru

Sorry again Dev. My mom passed away in 1999 of ovarian cancer. She had an aunt who actually beat it back in the early 1970's... Yet, still in 1972 after my sister was born... The doc's decided to only do a partial hysto and leave the ovaries in... Nowadays by knowing family history and what not, they would have never left those two ticking timebombs in her! She would have been alive today most likely!