Whatever happened to personal responsibility?

And what would the place be worth to you today if you held up your end of the deal? If you could pay the mortgage when you first bought it, what is the difference if the value goes down? If anything that would lower your property tax. Going by your theory anyone who buys a new car should never make a payment, Just drive it till the repo man takes it away. After all, it lost value the minute I drove it off the lot.

It would probably be worth not much more than we paid for it nearly 20 years ago. I didn't hold up my end of the deal but I paid my PMI so the lender was covered. The reason me left is mainly because the neighborhood went to ****. Got tired of the crack pipes in the bushes in front of your place and having **** stolen off our balcony one story up.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would probably be worth not much more than we paid for it nearly 20 years ago. I didn't hold up my end of the deal but I paid my PMI so the lender was covered. The reason me left is mainly because the neighborhood went to ****. Got tired of the crack pipes in the bushes in front of your place and having **** stolen off our balcony one story up.

You should have become a community organizer and cleaned it up. [Yes the Sarcasm meter is off the chart]

The only good part of seeing the US collapse is being able to watch all the government dependents who we subsidize being forced to fend for themselves for once.

I understand what you are saying, but will take no joy in seeing it happen. I don't enjoy saying "I told you so" either- except in the case of sports- which doesn't really matter

Personal responsibility? Like the Medicaid patients I see who smoke a pack or more a day, drink, possibly do drugs (I don't ask anymore), have cable on their HDTV's, the latest cell phones with unlimited data plans, new cars, etc., and who often-times skip-out on the $30 they owe on their anesthesia bill?

Personal responsibility? Like the Medicaid patients I see who smoke a pack or more a day, drink, possibly do drugs (I don't ask anymore), have cable on their HDTV's, the latest cell phones with unlimited data plans, new cars, etc., and who often-times skip-out on the $30 they owe on their anesthesia bill?

But health care's an inalienable right, not a personal responsibility. [/Congress]

• 2 weeks later...

Part of the reason the banks let people stay in the house is that the people living there maintain and protect the property. They found when they evicted people quickly the houses sat vacant and were vandalized, got run down quickly and costly to fix up again. This actually forced values even lower maker there loss even greater. It's better business in the long run for the bank to leave people in their houses till they can either modify the loan or sell it.