Has the NHL

dib

I was a big hockey fan. Now I hate the NHL. They've really screwed this up and cities like Buffalo Need the NHL to fill HSBC arena 40 nights a year. Places like NY, Boston and Philly can still thrive without it but Buffalo loses big.

playing in Europe makes the NHLPA look like idiots...Hockey needs to realize that it is a step above indoor lacrosse as far as national interest...Lacrosse players make about $1000 a game on thehigh end, and fill most arenas up that they play in

141016[/snapback]

I have season tickets for the Minnesota Swarm (Indoor Lacrosse). They play the Buffalo Bandits in their home opener, January 21st :lol:

CW

The NHLPA has really screwed this one up. You know that there is something wrong when the NHL average salary is higher than the NFL's while the NFL's income dwarfs the NHL's.

Hockey is a great sport. The system needs to be fixed -- especially if you are a fan of a smaller market team like the Sabres. It looks like the owners are going to not cave like they did last time around.

I hope that the system is fixed and fixed quickly. I love the Sabres and would love to have them compete on a level playing field (ice).

Just my two cents.

I happened to bump into Scotty Bowman a couple weeks ago while at the Contemporary Resort at Disney World. My brother and I talked with him for about 20 minutes.

Coach Bowman said that he does not expect any season this year -- and expects next year to open using replacement players.

Essentially, the salaries have soared and teams cannot keep pace -- even the bigger markets. He told me that Perrault (sp?) only made $350K at the height of his career in Buffalo. Compare that to the money that the Dominator pulled down in Detroit.

Anyway, he's enjoying his retirement; spending the winters in FtLauderdale and his summers at his home he still owns in East Amherst.

I have season tickets for the Minnesota Swarm (Indoor Lacrosse).  They play the Buffalo Bandits in their home opener, January 21st :lol:

CW

141029[/snapback]

my cousin is a practice player for the Bandits, hopefully he can break through into the lineup this year....

I was a big hockey fan.  Now I hate the NHL. They've really screwed this up and cities like Buffalo Need the NHL to fill HSBC arena 40 nights a year.  Places like NY, Boston and Philly can still thrive without it but Buffalo loses big.

141005[/snapback]

Im with you on hating the NHL, but Im not sure its because of the small marktet issue. Tampa Bay and Calgary proved this past year you can win with a low payroll, heck, both of their payrolls were lower then the Sabres.

And Im a Sabres fan BTW

my cousin is a practice player for the Bandits, hopefully he can break through  into the lineup this year....

141036[/snapback]

Cool! You'll have to let me know if he makes the team so I can taunt him when they come to Buffalo. :lol:

CW

Lacrosse is real popular in this area, Fezmid.  Johns Hopkins, Virginia, and Maryland all have lacrosse programs that are among the best in the nation every year.  They really get into it.

141038[/snapback]

Yeah, but that's outdoor lacrosse -- completely different game than indoor. Think indoor vs outdoor soccer.

It's starting to catch on in the midwest as well; lots of highschools are getting outdoor lacrosse teams. It definately is a fun sport to watch :lol:

CW

Yeah, but that's outdoor lacrosse -- completely different game than indoor.  Think indoor vs outdoor soccer.

It's starting to catch on in the midwest as well; lots of highschools are getting outdoor lacrosse teams.  It definately is a fun sport to watch :lol:

CW

141046[/snapback]

It does look like fun. They didn't have that when I was in high school. They may have it now, I'm not sure.

Cool!  You'll have to let me know if he makes the team so I can taunt him when they come to Buffalo. :lol:

CW

141044[/snapback]

it would be a nice story as he never played college Lacrosse or anything...played in the indoor league on the Indian Reservation near my hometown...talk about some tough games...you want to see some serious action...if you are ever in the Buffalo area, check out a Newtown vs Six Nations mens lacrosse game...not a lot of love there