A Buffalo chicken wing inspired burger recipe

Given that a good wing is not easy to find here in Dallas I thought I would jazz up a burger to get some of the taste of good wings. Proportions here will need to be to taste as I mixed on my own without measuring.

Take ground bison meat (could use good ground beef) and crumble in a good portion of blue cheese (roughly 10% of the total mixture – more if you want heavier flavor). Mix with a little olive oil (adds moisture to somewhat dry bison meat - I would skip if you are using good ground beef) and a good portion of wing sauce. Mix thoroughly and allow to come to room temperature. Form into patties that are a little larger in diameter than your buns. Brush the outside of the patties with a little olive oil then salt and pepper.

Cook on the grill – add a little more wing sauce on top while cooking - dress lightly (lettuce and tomato slice) on a toasted bun. Outstanding stuff.

my wife has been making them for years. Slightly different- use ground turkey, put the blue cheese in the center of the patty, grill some shredded carrots and celery in hot sauce drizzle over the burger.

Given that a good wing is not easy to find here in Dallas I thought I would jazz up a burger to get some of the taste of good wings. Proportions here will need to be to taste as I mixed on my own without measuring.

Take ground bison meat (could use good ground beef) and crumble in a good portion of blue cheese (roughly 10% of the total mixture – more if you want heavier flavor). Mix with a little olive oil (adds moisture to somewhat dry bison meat - I would skip if you are using good ground beef) and a good portion of wing sauce. Mix thoroughly and allow to come to room temperature. Form into patties that are a little larger in diameter than your buns. Brush the outside of the patties with a little olive oil then salt and pepper.

Cook on the grill – add a little more wing sauce on top while cooking - dress lightly (lettuce and tomato slice) on a toasted bun. Outstanding stuff.

A tip from the tv cook, Bobby Flay: Take the back of a teaspoon - or your knuckle - and make a depression in the middle of the patty. He said it stops the middle swelling of the burger, that folks tend to squish down and lose some juices.

He was 100% correct - works like a charm!

A tip from the tv cook, Bobby Flay: Take the back of a teaspoon - or your knuckle - and make a depression in the middle of the patty. He said it stops the middle swelling of the burger, that folks tend to squish down and lose some juices.

He was 100% correct - works like a charm!

Thanks - I hate to see cooks squish burgers - wrong move.

my wife has been making them for years. Slightly different- use ground turkey, put the blue cheese in the center of the patty, grill some shredded carrots and celery in hot sauce drizzle over the burger.

I like the carrot and celery idea ... I will incorporate the next time.