How would you feel if...

One of the things I truly appreciate about Promo's posts is he is really insightful.......and posts things that make you think.

What would we have done? We would have crucified them for being an absoutely horrid front office that would blow a draft pick like that.

This is what I really like about Buddy Nix.....I dont think we "blew" on draft pick this year........

- the 1st round pick can play immediately

- the 2nd round pick was an immediate need

- the 3rd round pick was a player at a needed position that got it done in college

The only player in our draft that was based on potential was Easily and he has LOADS of potential.

That'd be the definition of a BPA draft. Take the best players and build a team around them. The downside is that you may get worse initially, but if the players truly are special, then you have a chance to lay a solid foundation and to continue to build from there. What's the point of pulling a Dick Levy success story, and improving a team that went 9-7 and 5-11 to 7-9 and 6-10?

I thought Promo the Bills' PR Flack was pretty funny. Nothing wrong with that - glad he does it. I woulda typed Promo the UB PR Flack, though. :w00t:

I plead guilty to that! :) FYI, I will not be able to make most of the UB games so I will be offering my 4 seats in Sec 203 free to those wishing to take in a Bulls game. More on that as the season nears.

Thanks you for your replies. I was just hoping to show that the Bills have not cornered the market in dumb front office moves. I think sometimes we feel like the entire league is way ahead of us when it's really just a handful of teams.

PTR

great post Promo The Bills PR Flack.

So I guess the Bills don't have a monopoly on bad decision-making. Fascinating stuff. Here I thought each and every bad NFL move emmanated from OBD.

Have to say, Promo The Bills PR Flack, when thinking about how "we" would react to this news I could pretty much guess how you'd react: by putting the most favorable spin on the move as possible. My guess is we'd be treated to a post about how this shows the new regime is willing to admit mistakes and lacks the ego that would force some other teams to stick it out with a player that wasn't working out.

I knew you were a FO hater....but how can you be hating on Promo? Just as a casual observer, why do you follow an enterprise that makes you constantly spit and fume? It's not good for your stomach lining. Jeezy Creezy, relax, breathe, look at the beauty of a NFL franchise and let the inner Promo in you out!

great post Promo The Bills PR Flack.

So I guess the Bills don't have a monopoly on bad decision-making. Fascinating stuff. Here I thought each and every bad NFL move emmanated from OBD.

Have to say, Promo The Bills PR Flack, when thinking about how "we" would react to this news I could pretty much guess how you'd react: by putting the most favorable spin on the move as possible. My guess is we'd be treated to a post about how this shows the new regime is willing to admit mistakes and lacks the ego that would force some other teams to stick it out with a player that wasn't working out.

Ten years ago PTR was ripping Bills fans for being down on the direction of the organization, and he still is. The standings don't lie.

I recall a few people (no a lot, but a few) thinking the Seattle Seahawks pulled a coup hiring Pete Carroll. But how slick is that organization looking cutting Lendale White after they traded to get him? We are pretty harsh on the Bills, deservedly so in many cases, but I can't recall us pulling a gaff like this. Despite his college success Petey still has a taint from his NFL failures. This is not a good way to start his second tenure.

PTR

Oh, I don't know, to me it looks like an organization that admitted it made a mistake, and the owner doesn't mind any money that he lost while cutting loose White. I actually commend Seattle's ownership for letting their staff get rid of a mistake and not worrying the financial part of it.

Kudos to them!

Oh, I don't know, to me it looks like an organization that admitted it made a mistake, and the owner doesn't mind any money that he lost while cutting loose White. I actually commend Seattle's ownership for letting their staff get rid of a mistake and not worrying the financial part of it.

Kudos to them!

That's very mature of you. Somehow I can't see Bills fans being as generous if it were our team.

PTR

We weren't that much different when we traded a 3rd for Billy Joe Hobert & had to release him after week 7.

Hey,Hey, don't judge. Playbooks are confusing. I still think the Bills should have just made Hobert learn the freaking playbook. Then cut him. ;)

One of the things I truly appreciate about Promo's posts is he is really insightful.......and posts things that make you think.

What would we have done? We would have crucified them for being an absoutely horrid front office that would blow a draft pick like that.

This is what I really like about Buddy Nix.....I dont think we "blew" on draft pick this year........

- the 1st round pick can play immediately

- the 2nd round pick was an immediate need

- the 3rd round pick was a player at a needed position that got it done in college

The only player in our draft that was based on potential was Easily and he has LOADS of potential.

Don't be surprised to see Arthur Moats step up to the plate and be a key ingredient on this team in a couple of years.. Otherwise, I absolutely love Carrington and Spiller. They could both be Pro bowlers one day.... and the only two picks that I really don't love are Wang and Troup. Troup seems like one hell of a good kid and obviously the Bills fell in love with him so I hope he works out. Troup looks like a hard worker and the coaches may help elevate his game. I still have no idea what they saw in Wang. He really doesn't look like a pro prospect to me.

The Seahawks gave up practically nothing for White and some other guy that they got in the deal, too. They swapped spots with Tennessee in the 4th and 6th rounds which when translated probably cost them the equivalent of a 5th

and 7th for two players. Not a great lost investment.

The scoop I read is that while White has lost a lot of weight, his effort was extremely below par in comparison to his

teammates and they cut him to be clear that won't be tolerated.

But, you know someone will sign him, just as soon as his suspension is over.

You gotta wonder if the weight loss was the result of getting off the roids, or "giving up tequila" as he suggested? <_<