Adam Schein on the Bills

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hard to argue

but i will say this, chan definitely appears to know what hes doing. that might not make him the next great coach but hes the classic consummate professional. the team should be fundamentally solid under his rule, which is more than i can say for any of coaches after wade was canned

im afraid the defense is going to be the weak link. gailey doesnt appear to have the background to make the defense strong and frankly i dont have much confidence in edwards, who i predict will be fired no later than after the '11 season. by then hopefully the labor dispute will be settled and we can get a real dc in here

Hard to argue too much with our rating--we're probably somewhere between 20 and 30--but from reading most sportswriters you'd think we finished 3-13 3 years in a row rather than 7-9, followed by a 6-10. We've been a mediocre franchise, not a horrible one, at least record-wise. Groupthink lives nowhere better than in sportswriters, who seem to regurgitate each others' nonsense year in and year out.

Look who Schein has as number 1, the Cheats*. Not the Colts or the Steelers, but the Cheats*, a team that really hasn't done jack squat or lived up to expectations over the last five years or so and whose prior "accomplishments" we all now know were tarnished by cheating. The Steelers have two Lombardi's in that time and the Colts have one, plus a SB appearance, for ex., while the Pats* didn't even make the playoffs two years ago and got blown out in Rd 1 last year. Another example of groupthink, that what happened in the past will somehow project itself into the future ad infinitum. Critical thinking is not a strong point among that group.....

Hard to argue too much with our rating--we're probably somewhere between 20 and 30--but from reading most sportswriters you'd think we finished 3-13 3 years in a row rather than 7-9, followed by a 6-10. We've been a mediocre franchise, not a horrible one, at least record-wise. Groupthink lives nowhere better than in sportswriters, who seem to regurgitate each others' nonsense year in and year out.

Look who Schein has as number 1, the Cheats*. Not the Colts or the Steelers, but the Cheats*, a team that really hasn't done jack squat or lived up to expectations over the last five years or so and whose prior "accomplishments" we all now know were tarnished by cheating. The Steelers have two Lombardi's in that time and the Colts have one, plus a SB appearance, for ex., while the Pats* didn't even make the playoffs two years ago and got blown out in Rd 1 last year. Another example of groupthink, that what happened in the past will somehow project itself into the future ad infinitum. Critical thinking is not a strong point among that group.....

Good post...as Promo says, it's all rear view mirror in the preseason.

Adam Schein usually is an optimist regarding the Bills....he's usually wrong too

LOL -- so friggin' true. When I used to listen to Sirius NFL Radio, Schein was invariably optimistic about the Bills, whether with Mularkey or Jauron at the helm. Maybe he's sick of being burned.

hard to argue

but i will say this, chan definitely appears to know what hes doing. that might not make him the next great coach but hes the classic consummate professional. the team should be fundamentally solid under his rule, which is more than i can say for any of coaches after wade was canned

im afraid the defense is going to be the weak link. gailey doesnt appear to have the background to make the defense strong and frankly i dont have much confidence in edwards, who i predict will be fired no later than after the '11 season. by then hopefully the labor dispute will be settled and we can get a real dc in here

Defense will not be the weak link, not by a long shot. There are far more question marks on offense even with having an offensive minded head coach. There's no way you can support that argument.

Defense will not be the weak link, not by a long shot. There are far more question marks on offense even with having an offensive minded head coach. There's no way you can support that argument.

had they kept the defence the same as last year, I would have agreed with you, for the last few years, the offence has been this teams weakest links, unlike the belief of some around here. There were many games they could have won last year had the Bills offence actually showed up to play or was half way competent.

But now with the Bills having a seamingly competent offensive minded coach, I think the offence will improve, but with installing a completly different defence now that requires a completly different type of players, i see the defence having to take a few steps back to move forward. Theres one bright spot though, I don't think it is possible for the offence to take anymore steps back so the only way it can go is forward!

It's nice that you learned a new buzzword to help you deny the truth, but the Bills haven't made the playoffs in 10 years. That is a large sampling of organizational futility.

Schein Organization rankings

Really surprised no one has ripped Schein for his take here. I mean, doesn't he trust Nix and Gailey to get this team over the hump?

Funny, you don't post all the times in the past years when Schein has basically blown the Bills. In fact, he used to call Jauron the most underrated coach in the NFL. But that's won't fit your agenda I guess. Dude, it's beautiful out and it's May. Enjoy it.

LOL -- so friggin' true. When I used to listen to Sirius NFL Radio, Schein was invariably optimistic about the Bills, whether with Mularkey or Jauron at the helm. Maybe he's sick of being burned.

IIRC, he went to the Newman School at Syracuse, so he's sorta familiar with the product like Criqui, Boomer and Tim G. are.

However, I distinctly remember him ripping The Bills leading into the Draft 2007 when SF signed Clements away.

"I am not a fan of the way the Buffalo Bills are building their team.

I am a fan of the way the SF 49ers are building their team."

I think SF overpaid for Clements, and the differences in the two clubs I feel is mostly due to the fact that they have an NFL caliber HC and we've been rudderless in that regard for the last decade. I don't think SF "built" their team particularly any better than The Bills have - especially regarding Clements - and that's what Schein's comment was directed at.

It's easy to spend other people's money, when you're a voice on the radio, or an Internet poster for that matter.

That said, I think he should have us rated at 32 out of the 32 teams in the league regarding the "organization".

Nix and Gailey should improve that - but the onus is on them. I'm quietly confident that they'll manage the affairs a lot more professionally than things have been managed in the last decade. But you don't turn an aircraft carrier around on a dime. You don't reverse a decade of fail overnight either.

Go Bills!

It's nice that you learned a new buzzword to help you deny the truth, but the Bills haven't made the playoffs in 10 years. That is a large sampling of organizational futility.

To put that in perspective, more organizations have won Super Bowls than gone without a playoff appearance in that time. But, yeah, the Bills went 7-9! Yippee !@#$ing ki yeah!

The one organization I think is way overrated (20th) in Schein's little thingy is Seattle.

I was underwhelmed with their draft, they seemingly overpaid for QB Charlie Whitehurst and still have questions at that position, the trade for LenDale White has blown up in their faces, and the whole Taylor Mays/Pete Carroll incident has cast an ugly shadow on Carroll…made even more interesting by the fact that Mays landed with San Francisco, in the same division.

I think that Carroll (like before) simply can't handle NFL men and has problems being honest and strong around NFL players. He was a phony back during his first tenure and the early indications to me, is that he hasn't changed much if at all.

Many feel like he fled USC because the empire was crumbling and that he didn't have the character to stay and fix things.

Never had Carroll in a high regard and still don't.

And I'd rather be a Bills fan than a Seahawks fan right now.