Iceland Volcano Katla showing signs of Eruption

/dev/null

My daughter spent a few weeks in the Faroe Islands which are located between Iceland and Scotland. Amazing place. I've been wondering how they have been faring under that cloud of ash. They rely on planes and helicopters to get supplies to residents on the various islands. Haven't read anything about them but it can't be fun there.

PTR

My daughter spent a few weeks in the Faroe Islands which are located between Iceland and Scotland. Amazing place. I've been wondering how they have been faring under that cloud of ash. They rely on planes and helicopters to get supplies to residents on the various islands. Haven't read anything about them but it can't be fun there.

PTR

I was watching a great show recently about life on some of these remote British Islands. Beautiful but borrrrrrrrrring.

I was watching a great show recently about life on some of these remote British Islands. Beautiful but borrrrrrrrrring.

My wife and I ran into this on a vacation to one of the Gulf Islands (Pacific Islands between Seattle and Vancouver). No TV, No phone, no internet, nada. Ok for about 24 hours but then way too isolated for my taste.

My wife and I ran into this on a vacation to one of the Gulf Islands (Pacific Islands between Seattle and Vancouver). No TV, No phone, no internet, nada. Ok for about 24 hours but then way too isolated for my taste.

We stayed at a "Villa" in St Lucia a bunch of years ago. No TV, music, phone, internet (didn't even exist then). The view was spectacular. We's just sit there in the villa for hours and just look at the view. It was actually pretty nice. Our view was of the two mountians in the background the Deux Pitons.

We stayed at a "Villa" in St Lucia a bunch of years ago. No TV, music, phone, internet (didn't even exist then). The view was spectacular. We's just sit there in the villa for hours and just look at the view. It was actually pretty nice. Our view was of the two mountians in the background the Deux Pitons.

That is a very nice view .....

Jeeze - can't Al Gore and Geo. Clooney fly over in their Gulfstream 5 jets and give that volcano a stern lecture? :pirate:

I think if they flew over the volcano and dropped Gore I think his fat ass would plug that thing up nicely.

It was cool because of all the vegetation on the island clouds would form over those mountains and we'd just watch them drift. The place we stayed only had three walls. There was no wall to the deck, you'd just walk from the living room to directly outside. This is the actual place where we stayed.

That has to suck during hurricane season. :pirate:

Seriously, how do they deal with that?

Hell, I know places in Pennsylvania that are like that.