Soccer reminder

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks about Drogba. Weird Chelsea / WC curse. Ballack and Essien are already out. Of course John Terry and Frank Lampard are ready to go. :ph34r:

And Joe Cole. Possibly our most technicaly gifted player (Rooney is pretty close), but one who has always played out of position throughout his career.

Mind you we lost our captain to injury for the tournament today, which is about par for the course for an England fan.

Gah!

And Joe Cole. Possibly our most technicaly gifted player (Rooney is pretty close), but one who has always played out of position throughout his career.

Mind you we lost our captain to injury for the tournament today, which is about par for the course for an England fan.

Gah!

Lampard is a pure technician. But what separates him from everyone else is that he has the instincts that can't be taught. He is always one step ahead of everyone. Can he just be an honorary American for one month this summer.... please? :ph34r:

Gah!

Capello will make England a very strong contender.

Final, England Brazil (if that road is possible)?

Italy is screwed. I'm so bummed.

Capello will make England a very strong contender.

Italy is screwed. I'm so bummed.

I don't know about the Germans, either. I think we'll be w/out Ballack and Klose....that's huge.

I think I'm going to pick Argentina to be there at the end this year. They've got a very nice squad, and I could see them upsetting someone.

I don't know about the Germans, either. I think we'll be w/out Ballack and Klose....that's huge.

I think I'm going to pick Argentina to be there at the end this year. They've got a very nice squad, and I could see them upsetting someone.

Wouldn't be an upset.

The biggest issue with Argentina is their coach.

Leaving at home Esteban Cambiasso and Javier Zanetti, 2 CL winners who were crucial to their clubs.

I was thinking about the WC history. I don't know when the last time a Euro team won outside of Europe. Certainly not in my lifetime.

82 (Spain) - Italy won

86 (Mexico) - Argentina won

90 (Italy) - Germany won

94 (USA) - Brazil won

98 (France) France

2002 (Korea) Brazil

2006 (Germany) - AZZURRI WON YA MOTHA!@#$ER :ph34r:

2010 (South Africa) - Brazil...?

Wouldn't be an upset.

The biggest issue with Argentina is their coach.

Leaving at home Esteban Cambiasso and Javier Zanetti, 2 CL winners who were crucial to their clubs.

I was thinking about the WC history. I don't know when the last time a Euro team won outside of Europe. Certainly not in my lifetime.

82 (Spain) - Italy won

86 (Mexico) - Argentina won

90 (Italy) - Germany won

94 (USA) - Brazil won

98 (France) France

2002 (Korea) Brazil

2006 (Germany) - AZZURRI WON YA MOTHA!@#$ER :ph34r:

2010 (South Africa) - Brazil...?

Interesting....which is the top rated African side? I love watching teams like Nigeria and Camaroon play, so I wonder what sort of showing they'll have. Ghana obviously did well last time around...I'm almost surpirsed that Freddy isn't playing for them after all his ups and downs.

I can't fuggin wait!!

No European team has ever won outside of Europe. Argentina has managed a win in Mexico, Brazil won in Sweden, USA and Korea/Japan.

(This is from memory).

Interesting....which is the top rated African side? I love watching teams like Nigeria and Camaroon play, so I wonder what sort of showing they'll have. Ghana obviously did well last time around...I'm almost surpirsed that Freddy isn't playing for them after all his ups and downs.

I can't fuggin wait!!

I would have said Ivory Coast but now that Drogba's out, maybe Ghana.

Not that well versed as I should be.

Of course France has like 70% of the top African players :ph34r:

One thing I am absolutely DREADING about the upcoming WC, is those annoying horns :thumbdown: :thumbdown: ! Listening to the matches on TV will be difficult. I may have to mute the broadcast, and read the CC...

Who the fug is Edson Buddle?? never heard of him, but apparently he put two in the net today. Weird.

Offense created lots of opportunities, could have 5-6 goals easily, one was taken away from Dempsey on an off sides call, when clearly he wasn't. Findley put himself in a position to score many times, but couldn't capitalize. Gomes has been opportunistic with the little time he has had with the U.S. 2 goals in less than 60 minutes of time for him.

On the other side of the ball, defense looked suspect once again, could of given up 3-4 goals as well. Too much space is given to their midfielders, and it seemed like every time they delivered the ball to the back post, their man had space.

and it seemed like every time they delivered the ball to the back post, their man had space.

That's the same problem we had in WC06...err, one of the problems we had. I don't understand why they don't see that. It's been a problem for a while now.

How the hell am I supposed to make it through this work week knowing that I have to wait until Friday to watch World Cup games?

No joke....this is awful! Last night I was setting my DVR to make sure it recorded every World cup Live broadcast so I can see highlights from the games I miss. I wasn't working for the '06 Cup, so I won't be able to see every match like I could then (that was AWESOME!). But I agree man, it's going to be AWESOME!!!

If they both finish first in their groups (very likely), they would meet in the semifinals on July 6.

If they both finish second in their groups (never happen) they would meet in the semifinals on July 7.

If one finishes first and the other second, then they would meet in the final.

Man, I'm ready to watch some soccer! One team I'll definitely be watching is the Netherlands. I don't think they'll make it all the way, but they always play fun, fearless, offensive soccer. Aw, who am I kidding? I'll be watching all the teams.

One thing I am absolutely DREADING about the upcoming WC, is those annoying horns :wallbash::worthy: ! Listening to the matches on TV will be difficult. I may have to mute the broadcast, and read the CC...

Yeah, those vuvuzelas were so d@mn annoying during the Confederations Cup and just as annoying Saturday (first game I got to watch).

Apparently they're not too god for your hearing neither.

AFP: World Cup horn risks permanent damage to hearing: study

My favorite line: "The din emitting from the tuneless plastic horns..."

Yeah, those vuvuzelas were so d@mn annoying during the Confederations Cup and just as annoying Saturday (first game I got to watch).

I was wondering to what you guys were refering to. Gad! Watched part of the England friendly today and they were awful.

Fortunately I'll be watching the England games at the pub and even that din is likely to be drowned out by the crowd there.

I was wondering to what you guys were refering to. Gad! Watched part of the England friendly today and they were awful.

Fortunately I'll be watching the England games at the pub and even that din is likely to be drowned out by the crowd there.

Wow, I can't imagine how awesome it would be to watch the match in an English pub...one day I'll be there!