Dick Jauron & Co.

Jauron was in over his head the problem was so was the GM. Took too long but problem fixed

With Gailey it's a workman like effort- the only thing you have earned so far is a spot on the roster for the time being

It's no mistake that our last HC wasn't offered a DC position in the league.

He's a positional coach - and a good one at that - but he was an abject disaster as a HC.

Shame on you Marv for foisting that pretender on The Bills and their fan base.

Exactly the crux of the problem. Marv had no business being hired as the "GM", and as a result, picked a man who had no business being a head coach. Result = failure!

I think we have two guys in positions where they belong. Not guaranteeing successful results, but certainly I do believe they at least know what they're doing.

Over the last couple of days there's been a lot of intel coming from players regarding Bills football under Dick Jauron and staff. Soft workouts, overly simplified schemes and the Club Med style of a player friendly coach... I'm wondering how much the Mickey Mouse schemes of the prior staff affected the mental preparation of the Bills players?

Being a professional can only take you so far and players know when coach doesn't have it all together and they know when their coach is in over his head. If they lacked confidence is his abilities and schemes then it had to have a massive detrimental effect in their preparation and play.

What's most refreshing is the effusive praise that the players are giving Gailey and Edwards. It won't matter if they don't win but it's a nice change and I can't help but believe that this team will be much improved.

I think we're going to shock some teams.........

Absolutely agree. Another example is poor roster management. If this article about Parrish is any indication, the sky is the limit for this team under Gailey.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...19-187e704d88ff

True, but it's not like there was an absence of effusive praise for Jauron while he was here.

Bingo...Word out was that how the players loved playing for Jauron....In today's Media savvy world, it is really hard to find the "true" feelings about anyone.

That is why in a sense I found the Edwards calling out Kelly as Naive as refreshing...

It's no mistake that our last HC wasn't offered a DC position in the league.

He's a positional coach - and a good one at that - but he was an abject disaster as a HC.

Shame on you Marv for foisting that pretender on The Bills and their fan base.

Any NFL team that wants to be competitive needs an experienced and savvy personnel man as GM. RW eschewed that logic and reached for people he knew that had absolutely no knowledge in this area like Levy and Smithers. To make matters worse, men like John Guy and Tom Modrak inexplicably remained from the old regime. Augmenting those was DJ, who had no clue how to build a team. This is how teams float in the 6-7 win territory year after year.