Defensive scheme more complex

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No TV's in the weight rooom, Roscoe Parrish excited to be involved in offense, Whitner doing squats, defensive scheme more complex, end of the Jauron club med approach. Russ Brandon, the marketing genious, has got to behind this. You'd think the Bills are on the verge of being competitive. When in reality they're positioning themselves for the top pick in the 2011 draft.

The 3-4 alignment lends itself to being more complex than the 4-3. It just has more blitz and coverage options because of having one less down lineman on the field.

That's good to hear. The more pressure's & sacks our D can generate, the more chances our secondary has to get turnovers. Our pass defense ranked #2 last year, including #2 in INT's with virtually no pass rush. If our defense can generate a decent pass rush, then our secondary will easily lead the league in INT's.

What is best about running it as our base scheme is that it will help to better prepare our offense to face the scheme - the scout team will not be running something far different than they have to practice in their regular roles.

What is best about running it as our base scheme is that it will help to better prepare our offense to face the scheme - the scout team will not be running something far different than they have to practice in their regular roles.

Great point. Our offense sucked against the 3-4, practicing against it will make the offense better.

There is so much to like about those few comments. During the last few years it seemed like - and infuriated me - teams were dictating to us what they would do. We'd bend but not usually break until the fourth quarter. But, we were soft. We couldn't stop teams. To see these guys that we have together now attacking the QB and running backs, to think that our secondary has been held back for a few years and that their best is yet to come - that is all encouraging. There is a tangible excitement coming from these players and I think it'll translate onto the field. I think opponents aren't going to know what they're up against, defensively, for the first few weeks, and that we'll surprise some people - Green Bay did it last year, so it can be done in the first year of a switch.

There is so much to like about those few comments. During the last few years it seemed like - and infuriated me - teams were dictating to us what they would do. We'd bend but not usually break until the fourth quarter. But, we were soft. We couldn't stop teams. To see these guys that we have together now attacking the QB and running backs, to think that our secondary has been held back for a few years and that their best is yet to come - that is all encouraging. There is a tangible excitement coming from these players and I think it'll translate onto the field. I think opponents aren't going to know what they're up against, defensively, for the first few weeks, and that we'll surprise some people - Green Bay did it last year, so it can be done in the first year of a switch.

Ahh spring time for Bills fans to enjoy being undefeated.

No TV's in the weight rooom, Roscoe Parrish excited to be involved in offense, Whitner doing squats, defensive scheme more complex, end of the Jauron club med approach. Russ Brandon, the marketing genious, has got to behind this. You'd think the Bills are on the verge of being competitive. When in reality they're positioning themselves for the top pick in the 2011 draft.

We aren't even close to being on the verge. But at least we're moving in the correct direction even if we've got a couple of years to travel before we spot "the verge."

Great point. Our offense sucked against the 3-4, practicing against it will make the offense better.

Our offense sucked against the Tampon 2 also, and that was our D scheme the last three plus years.