OTA's Day 3

just watched the 1 on 1 w Trent from a couple days back....

If I am Trent Edwards and I am being asked these questions about the past, and past coordinators, and "changing OCs" and changing "gameplans"...this is what my response would be....

"I am not going to talk about the past. I have a great opportunity this year and I am looking forward to a great year as the starting QB. I am taking the bull by the horns. I am committing and devoting myself to being the best QB I can be this year and getting back to where the ball is in my hands and my teammates have confidence in me. Next question."

Why cant we get an answer like that? Cmon trent, direct the interview, say what you want to say and start showing some leadership qualities.....I just dont see him as a strong enough personality to be a leader...

I know everyone else feels the same way, I am just venting...

If I am Trent Edwards and I am being asked these questions about the past, and past coordinators, and "changing OCs" and changing "gameplans"...this is what my response would be....

"I am not going to talk about the past. I have a great opportunity this year and I am looking forward to a great year as the starting QB. I am taking the bull by the horns. I am committing and devoting myself to being the best QB I can be this year and getting back to where the ball is in my hands and my teammates have confidence in me. Next question."

Why cant we get an answer like that? Cmon trent, direct the interview, say what you want to say and start showing some leadership qualities.....I just dont see him as a strong enough personality to be a leader...

Can't we just leave this OTA Day 3 thread to the topic at hand? Enough of the Trent bashing in every single thread.

P.S. - it's a wonder you aren't in the league as a press coach, since you know how players should answer every question :thumbsup:

Well,

One thing that I'm hopeful of is that the Bills tight end situation will be a lot more solid this year.

Schouman is a decent player, but more so, Nelson has tremendous upside and I (like everyone else) really loved the glimpses we saw of Jonathan Stupar last year.

On top of all this, the free agent tight end, Michael Matthews (who was recruited and coached by Gailey at Georgia Tech) looks promising (albeit from one play). He's got great size (6'4" 270) and speed, knows Gailey's system, and has survived four years in the league, with 11 starts for two Super Bowl caliber teams, the Giants and the Patsies.* It would be no surprise at all if Matthews made the team.

And I anticipate that even though there's no one at this position one would consider established, that tight end will be an area of strength on this team.

I just watched all three videos for the first time and these are my thoughts...

Listening to Whitners comments, it sounds like the Chan man has them working hard, way harder than ol Dicky J had em working. :thumbsup:

Fitz made a couple throws into double coverage that impressed me.

Our qb's threw a couple very nice deep balls, now lets hope we can carry it into a game situation.

Our secondary is looking solid, no surprise.

I would like to hear more about our front 7 and see more of what they have to offer, the potential to be great is there all we have to do is work hard for it.

Keep up the good work guys.

Listening to Whitners comments, it sounds like the Chan man has them working hard, way harder than ol Dicky J had em working. :thumbsup:

"It's almost like a welcome to the NFL type of thing"...

God - does anything else more accurately summarize the last number of years than this statement?

:w00t::wallbash::D

I don't want to come off as a Trent apologist as I sometimes might, but I just watched that interview and it is hard for me to be critical of anything. I thought he handled it very well; almost perfectly.

The reporters asked him all of those questions. He answered them and there was very little bus throwing. He balanced realism with positivity IMO.

"It's almost like a welcome to the NFL type of thing"...

God - does anything else more accurately summarize the last number of years than this statement?

:w00t::wallbash::D

The Bills franchise was like a typewriter in the computer era. That wasn't the worst part of it. Although the typewriter ribbon ran out of ink a long time ago no one in the dysfunctional organization thought to replace the ribbon. Ralph Wilson's franchise was not only irrelevant it was an outright embarrassment. :thumbsup:

Stop complaining about the old organization. They sucked. They're gone. All better now.

I think that whitner's comments are great. Finally someone is here who the team respects and actually makes the team work. And knows how to run routes in the middle. It was almost getting tedious in the highlights with all the big passes into double coverage over the middle. Obviously thats something that chan saw was missing in the previous organization and is something that the team needs to be drilled on.

I'm looking forward to this season and the CHANge that has come to OBD :pirate: