What will Obama do if California and Colorado legalize weed?

Legal pot is on it's way. California is just the first domino. The $$$ is simply too tempting. I predict in 20 years there will be slot machines and Marlboro Blunts in every 7-11. Oh and the Feds will take their cut.

PTR

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question. Say Cali and Colo legalize it. How does the fed handle their drug testing policy. Lets say the Post Office... Say a worker in Cali tests positive for weed... Can they be fired? Say they aren't fired... Then a worker in New York tests positive and they are fired. How does this all shake out when it comes to the laws? Can they (the fed) create double standards with regard to drug testing policy and legally get away with it? Will people have to press the issue in courts around the country?

I have a question. Say Cali and Colo legalize it. How does the fed handle their drug testing policy. Lets say the Post Office... Say a worker in Cali tests positive for weed... Can they be fired? Say they aren't fired... Then a worker in New York tests positive and they are fired. How does this all shake out when it comes to the laws? Can they (the fed) create double standards with regard to drug testing policy and legally get away with it? Will people have to press the issue in courts around the country?

It's going to be a cluster !@#$. This has not been thought through.

It'll still be illegal and the feds will prosecute it when it suits them (like when they want to put someone in jail but they can't figure out another way). Alaska has had a long standing "if you have a usable, not distributable amount of pot" law. There are still federal/state prosecutions for dealers but the number of users busted is way down.

It'll still be illegal and the feds will prosecute it when it suits them (like when they want to put someone in jail but they can't figure out another way). Alaska has had a long standing "if you have a usable, not distributable amount of pot" law. There are still federal/state prosecutions for dealers but the number of users busted is way down.

I think, though, that the California statute is going to allow for licensure of growing on a large scale. This would put that law into direct contention with federal law.

I think, though, that the California statute is going to allow for licensure of growing on a large scale. This would put that law into direct contention with federal law.

It wasn't until the recent primaries that I started becoming aware of the marijuana versus industrial hemp discussion. While I haven't dug into it completely, on its surface it seems like California would be in a great position to start growing something that is apparently heavily imported. Of course, the odds of California doing it legitimately is a different discussion.

WRT these laws, I wish the potheads would just !@#$ing ADMIT they are looking to get high.

They claim thiss is for "medical use, to ease suffering" or to get hemp imported and all the "problems it solves"?

Please.

WRT these laws, I wish the potheads would just !@#$ing ADMIT they are looking to get high.

They claim thiss is for "medical use, to ease suffering" or to get hemp imported and all the "problems it solves"?

Please.

What's the excuse for taking aspirin, tylenol or aleve?

ps -there would be no need to make up ridiculous arguments to smoke weed if the other side was equally rational about its utility vs side effects and follow on issues.