Obama's Watergate?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I as much as anyone fed up with government's relentless spending would love to see Obama go, this clearly isn't an impeachable offense. The attempted cover-up sounds pretty bad, but there is no way anything comes of this story.

Obama's Watergate

Goodness. I can see why you crazies compare Obama to Hitler all the time. You have no sense of history, you just jump right to the extremes.

But in any case, this is a non-issue. But I know .. it's the Republican way "guilty until proven innocent". However, the right is just dying for anything any sense of "we are right, they are wrong" to cling on to. So you have been and will continue to grasp at straws. You enjoy doing that, if that's what you like.

Goodness. I can see why you crazies compare Obama to Hitler all the time. You have no sense of history, you just jump right to the extremes.

But in any case, this is a non-issue. But I know .. it's the Republican way "guilty until proven innocent". However, the right is just dying for anything any sense of "we are right, they are wrong" to cling on to. So you have been and will continue to grasp at straws. You enjoy doing that, if that's what you like.

If the Obama administration truly said that they would give Sestak a job for the sole purpose of getting him not to run for office, then that is a violation of the law. That is what Sestak is claiming.

Although I as much as anyone fed up with government's relentless spending would love to see Obama go, this clearly isn't an impeachable offense. The attempted cover-up sounds pretty bad, but there is no way anything comes of this story.

I can't imagine this is anything other than more bad press to get piled on with the oil spill, the deficit, the new "emergency" spending, the bad health care bill, etc. Let's face it, if you can blow a load on an intern in the Oval Office while sticking a cigar between her legs and survive, this ain't nuthin'.

Do you remember the Bush presidency at all? Every news item had impeachable implications, every liberal compared him to hitler.

Do you remember the Bush presidency at all? Every news item had impeachable implications, every liberal compared him to hitler.

Yeah, but Bush was an idiot. Obama's problems is he's just to smart for everyone and is unable to communicate very well to all us idiots.

If he can just explain things one more time...slowly and carefully...the world will understand.

Yeah, but Bush was an idiot. Obama's problems is he's just to smart for everyone and is unable to communicate very well to all us idiots.

If he can just explain things one more time...slowly and carefully...the world will understand.

I know what you mean. Did you know that the Bush presidency left us in a terrible, terrible state?

:rolleyes: uhh, as if these:

the oil spill, the deficit, the new "emergency" spending, the bad health care bill, etc.

aren't examples of things for the right to say "we are right"? They don't have to "cling" very hard. We are awash in things that can be used to call Obama supporters idiots. Clinging? You have it backwards! The "things that are wrong" are clinging to us! If only we could wipe all you clinging dingleberries away....oh, that's right...November is coming! :wallbash:

You might be right because the standards of what is impeachable have certainly evolved since Nixon. If we applied the same standard to Obama, we'd probably find a half dozen impeachable offenses. Frankly, I think he's guilty of treason.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/25...test=latestnews

It's definitely a situation that warrants further investigation. A high paying job could certainly be considered a bribe by any objective person, so there is definitely potential for the law to have been broken.

I'm sorry but this story is impossible for me to believe. Obama promised the American people that if he were elected there would be no more politics as usual.

You might be right because the standards of what is impeachable have certainly evolved since Nixon. If we applied the same standard to Obama, we'd probably find a half dozen impeachable offenses. Frankly, I think he's guilty of treason.

Can we impeach him for lying about Iraq?

Not trying to be a wiseass but what law is violated by doing this? I don't like the sound of it and it sounds fishy but is it breaking a law to offer someone a job that would get them out of running for office?

18 U.S.C. 600~ Whoever, directly or indirectly, promises any employment,

position, compensation, contract, appointment, or other benefit, provided for or made possible in whole or in part by any Act of Congress, or any special consideration in obtaining any such benefit, to any person as consideration, favor, or reward for any political activity or for the support of or opposition to any candidate or any political party in connection with any general or special election to any political office, or in connection with any primary election or political convention or caucus held to select candidates for any political office, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

Its not the republican way, its the american way. They won't move for impeachment, as they are still licking their wounds from their last stupid impeachment attempt

:angry: uhh, as if these:

aren't examples of things for the right to say "we are right"? They don't have to "cling" very hard. We are awash in things that can be used to call Obama supporters idiots. Clinging? You have it backwards! The "things that are wrong" are clinging to us! If only we could wipe all you clinging dingleberries away....oh, that's right...November is coming! :P

Yeah, and when we get the incumbents out, only elect new incumbents to do the exact same things, we can again trumpet to the world how we are the greatest dumbest place in the world

Yeah, and when we get the incumbents out, only elect new incumbents to do the exact same things, we can again trumpet to the world how we are the greatest dumbest place in the world

Perhaps, but in this case, I choose getting rid of the devil I know. How the f bad can new people really be given who we have now? At the very least the new people won't be corrupted for a while. And, I can guarantee you that the new Republican candidates have gotten the message. Incumbent Republicans have taken a beating almost as bad as the incumbent Democrats will. Hell, even the Democrat that just won Murtha's seat ran as a friggin Tea Party Democrat. He ran away from every single of Obama/Pelosi policy. That's a Democrat doing that. Perhaps we have hope after all.

Its not the republican way, its the american way. They won't move for impeachment, as they are still licking their wounds from their last stupid impeachment attempt

Not only that, but as bad as Obama is, no one would have the nerve to put Joe Biden in the oval office on purpose.