Bills would vote against NY Super Bowl

Maybe he didn't understand it? :worthy:

I doubt that. Ralph has been right about league issues far more than he has been wrong. But this one I simply can't understand. Why not play a SB in the cold. That is something the Bills should desire, IMO.

EDIT: I'd really like to hear the Bills reasons for this. Perhaps it is a fan issue. Staying in the NYC are is probably far more expensive for the average fan than staying in most other NFL cities. I'm not saying that's their reason, it's just one I thought of off the top of my head.

I doubt that. Ralph has been right about league issues far more than he has been wrong. But this one I simply can't understand. Why not play a SB in the cold. That is something the Bills should desire, IMO.

Why? They'll never hold a SB in Buffalo. And the odds of the Bills making the SB in 2014 are slim at best.

I'd be curious to hear Ralph's reasoning. As you said, he's been right about league issue more then he's been wrong.

EDIT: I'd really like to hear the Bills reasons for this. Perhaps it is a fan issue. Staying in the NYC are is probably far more expensive for the average fan than staying in most other NFL cities. I'm not saying that's their reason, it's just one I thought of off the top of my head.

Considering the game would be played in NJ, there are reasonably priced places to stay within earshot of the swamp.

And it does not make any sense for Bills to vote no.

Why? They'll never hold a SB in Buffalo. And the odds of the Bills making the SB in 2014 are slim at best.

I'd be curious to hear Ralph's reasoning. As you said, he's been right about league issue more then he's been wrong.

Ralph has always said the Super Bowl should be played in good weather conditions. He doesn't think weather conditions should affect the championship game. Interesting because the Bills are one of a handful of teams that might benefit from a wintry Super Bowl.

Ralph's been voting against a NY Super Bowl for over ten years.

:worthy:

Just the discussion of cold weather SB sites is proof-positive the NFL has gone mad looking for new revenue sources. They've already loaned the Giants/Jets 300M to build this stadium. Perhaps this is another gift to help them pay some of it back. That's a longshot, but team's aren't supposed to carry more than a certain debt to value ratio.

Maybe Ralph's playing somebody out here. So, he says he's opposed and maybe a guy like Chuck Schummer comes in and sweetens some sort of deal with Ralph so he changes his position on a NYC Super Bowl. Just a thought.

Ralph has always said the Super Bowl should be played in good weather conditions. He doesn't think weather conditions should affect the championship game. Interesting because the Bills are one of a handful of teams that might benefit from a wintry Super Bowl.

Since when? Really, have you seen this team play in bad weather lately?

PTR

Maybe Ralph's playing somebody out here. So, he says he's opposed and maybe a guy like Chuck Schummer comes in and sweetens some sort of deal with Ralph so he changes his position on a NYC Super Bowl. Just a thought.

Interesting idea.

I think it's dumb and I'm glad the Bills are against it. There are SB site selection rules that have been in place a long time. It must be indoors or in a city where the average high for early Feb is 50 or above. Rules are rules. I also think it's great that it's always in good weather. Would you really want to see the Super Bowl played in weather like in the Bills/Dolts game?

So if the do have it in NJ does that mean that the present rules are off? Does this open it up to Cincinnati, Cleveland, Baltimore, Buffalo, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Denver, Kansas City, Seattle? I might think it's OK if that's the case, but somehow I don't think it is.

So yeah, vote NO.

I think it's more about the big corporations than the game itself. All the snobby people want to go to a warm weather city in February. I remember going to the SuperBowl in Minnesota. All the Washington people were complaining about the weather the whole time. I had a great time.

Its because the league would never hold it in another cold weather city.... Pitt and Balt are also voting against it. It has less to do with NJ/NYC than it does with sticking it to the league.

Would you really want to see the Super Bowl played in weather like in the Bills/Dolts game?

Sure. Why not? I'd love to see a Mud Bowl, a Snow Bowl and whatever else nature might throw into the mix. It's FOOTBALL! It should be played outside in the elements.