WC warm-up friendly

Guzan. Howard, Donovan, Altidore, Dempsey and a few others took the night off

Michael Bradley is this team's key and he wasn't playing either. He is a rock in central MF and has a work-rate that's world class. I was skeptical of the "coach's son" early on, but he has won me over. I really think he's the team's engine.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Bradley is this team's key and he wasn't playing either. He is a rock in central MF and has a work-rate that's world class. I was skeptical of the "coach's son" early on, but he has won me over. I really think he's the team's engine.

No doubt, Michael Bradley is a quality player. Too bad we have a lot of defenders that are not at 100%.

Was that big bald mofo playing up front for the Czechs? That guy was dominant last WC

Don't remember his name but if I recall, Czech didn't make it passed their group last year.

IMO, Nedved was the greatest, and last good thing they have had in a long time.

Don't remember his name but if I recall, Czech didn't make it passed their group last year.

IMO, Nedved was the greatest, and last good thing they have had in a long time.

You know who I'm talking about though? He was deadly on set pieces....friggin monster.

Edu – He scored a goal and he can fill in in an emergency at center back. The bad news: His f-up led directly to the last goal.

I went to bed at the half but he played possessed in the first half. At one point, he scored, broke up a corner, and cut off two passes in a span of about 2 minutes. I was shocked to see the highlight of the breakaway goal--terrible play.

In any event, just like everyone has been saying, the defense is awful. They gave up way too many opportunities in deep and were consistently beaten.

In any event, just like everyone has been saying, the defense is awful. They gave up way too many opportunities in deep and were consistently beaten.

What had been a strong spot for the team now is a huge question mark. They have the talent to do it, if they can just get healthy in time.

What had been a strong spot for the team now is a huge question mark. They have the talent to do it, if they can just get healthy in time.

Sadly, I don’t think Onyewu will be a part of the WC picture. He definitely did not look sharp last night. His knee still looks Frankenstein-like and he got burned bad on the header goal. I hope Demerit and Bocanegra are healthy enough to start.

Sadly, I don’t think Onyewu will be a part of the WC picture. He definitely did not look sharp last night. His knee still looks Frankenstein-like and he got burned bad on the header goal. I hope Demerit and Bocanegra are healthy enough to start.

Those two have to will have to be healthy, and you add Cherunolo and maybe Goodson or Marshall and I believe we have a good shot at having a very solid backline.

Those two have to will have to be healthy, and you add Cherunolo and maybe Goodson or Marshall and I believe we have a good shot at having a very solid backline.

I know what your saying here, but WTF did you just say? 0:)

I agree that they have very little experienced depth on our backline, and hoepfully we can get some players healthy. I think if they can put it together and play a consistent game, a full 90+ min, then they have a very good shot to make a deep run. I have seen this team play very inconsistent in the past.

Im am expecting big things from them this year though.

Go OU-ES-EH!!!

http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Mens-National...-World-Cup.aspx

A few surprises.

Ching out

Findley and Hercules Gomes in!

Onyewu made it.

So did Bornstein and Beasley, just for you Gringo.... 0:)

They must think Onyewu's improving enough that he'll be valuable at some point. Sure didn't look it last night on the first header. He moved well but not great.

I think Bob made the right picks but would have taken Ching OVER Findley. Findley might be the fastest player in the world but he has no skill set to go along with it.

Actually, I would have taken Davies over Findley from the start since he may only see five minutes on the field this WC. Charlie could have done that and it would have made for a great story.

Bornstein on this team scares me, I wish they gave Castillo a chance because if JB plays, we are in deep trouble.

Basically, the US can't afford to lose any starters to cards or injury. They aren't deep enough.

Jan Koller

Dude is 6' 7.5" 0:)

Yep, that's the guy...holy crap that guy was a MONSTER. You place a corner properly and there are only two things fighting to make contact with the ball first - the keepers hands or Koller's cranium. Nobody else had a chance.

Bornstein on this team scares me, I wish they gave Castillo a chance because if JB plays, we are in deep trouble.

I agree. He seems to have been a Bob Bradley favorite for a while and I just don’t get it. He must have some pretty good blackmail photos somewhere.

I busted on Beasley before and I really don’t have any faith in him. However, he did look surprisingly rejuvenated last night. I guess I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. There was a time when he and Donovan used to work well together—it’s just that that was about 5 or six years ago now.

Bonehead Bocanegra....back for more!

In other news..."The U.S. will play their final home match before departing for South Africa when they face Turkey on May 29 at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia (tickets), where more than 45,000 tickets have already been sold." Say what you want about soccer in the US, but not only is the MLS expanding at a healthy rate, but every time I see one of these USA v. Team X, or some international friendly, they are selling tickets like hot cakes.

Granted, there wasn't any question that the greatest sports city in the entire world would come out to watch the 2nd greatest sport on earth, but still....it's awesome to see

I agree. He seems to have been a Bob Bradley favorite for a while and I just don’t get it. He must have some pretty good blackmail photos somewhere.

I busted on Beasley before and I really don’t have any faith in him. However, he did look surprisingly rejuvenated last night. I guess I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. There was a time when he and Donovan used to work well together—it’s just that that was about 5 or six years ago now.

If Klinsmann were here, this team would look entirely different. That is all.