How has the Oil Spill affected your life?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post here how the spill has had an affect on you.

I think it would be neat if we could just get all the stories in one place.

Gotta change my plans for vacation on the Gulf Coast in Florida :censored:

Hasn't happened yet, but when it drags down the economy it will make my promised promotion be delayed.

The oil spill effects the fishing in the Gulf... Thus the US turns to Asian carp as their next source seafood. :censored: Then they won't have to poison and kill everything that moves while wasting millions of dollars. I can then resume locking boats and the economy will take off from free flow of cheap transportation. It is getting pretty boring playing "security guard." :(

It's made me that much more annoyed with self-righteous ****heads who B word about the environmental damage of oil drilling and $3/gallon gas in the same !@#$ing breath.

It's made me that much more annoyed with self-righteous ****heads who B word about the environmental damage of oil drilling and $3/gallon gas in the same !@#$ing breath.

Better yet is the "love your mother" bumper sticker on the back of a Tahoe.

Better yet is the "love your mother" bumper sticker on the back of a Tahoe.

Exactly!

Or the one's running around in crap made in China screaming about how we should protect the enviro... Yet the crap they buy was made in one cesspool part of the world.

I like to call them: "The North Face Enviros." Don't worry, the tag covers both conservatives and liberals. :blush:

It's a terrible accident, and the continuing failure to cap the flow is extremely unfortunate.

That said, I have no interest in following the story in any detail. But I do have a girlfriend from New Orleans. She is troubled by the fact that I read every other bit of the newspaper while studiously ignoring the human interest tales of tragedy and woe. She now thinks I am callous and heartless. The oil spill is causing real problems in my relationship.

I am going to be moving to Tampa, FL in August to go to school and was wondering if anyone on here lives in that area and what is the expected impact from the spill in the St. Pete, Clearwater, and Tampa area?