Health Care Reform?

Actually, there are many parts of the bill that people are able to enjoy right now. For example, if you're 25 years old, your parents can carry you on their plan for another year. And you can no longer be denied coverage for pre-existing conditions. And you can no longer be dropped from a plan after you've been treated for something expensive.

Of course, those are all things that could have been done without spending a trillion dollars we don't have, but that's besides the point. The point is, we have health care reform, so if you want to be an artist, or musician, or follow some other dead-end non-paying dream, go ahead and quit your job. The taxpayers have your back.

The point is, we have health care reform, so if you want to be an artist, or musician, or follow some other dead-end non-paying dream, go ahead and quit your job. The taxpayers have your back.

Yo Veruca:

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams;

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

Uh..where are all the rainbow-farting unicorns and poor people sudenly healthy? Is it just me or did healthcare somehow go flying off the radar?

Most of the changes are in the future. The bills was structured that way for a reason. First the law. Then the changes. Then the bills come due.

By the time we're at step 3, you can't unwind the law. (See Social Security.)

Most of the changes are in the future. The bills was structured that way for a reason. First the law. Then the changes. Then the bills come due.

Like cancer getting twisted around the aorta.

Kinda like lawyers, aye? :blush:

Actually, I believe the bills come due right now. Ten years of bills for the first six years of service.

Editor's Note: Rasmussen today reports that now 63% favor repeal of the health care law.

Seriously? A full 63% favor repeal? I think a bunch of people just got their 2010 mid-term election campaign positions in place.

The sky is falling. The sky is falling.

Good! That is only a short time away. I can't wait to see your reply when you are wrong about all of us sinking into the abyss.

Please find the post where I stated that we are all sinking into an abyss as a result of the health care bill.

I'll wait.

Please find the post where I stated that we are all sinking into an abyss as a result of the health care bill.

I'll wait.

Post #9. Why else would you say what you did? You do think we will end up in deep financial doo-doo, right? I am glad you argee that is not as bad as you made it seem, we both can argee on that. Sorry I took you for one of those nuts that think HC reform will bankrupt (abyss) the country.

Post #9. Why else would you say what you did? You do think we will end up in deep financial doo-doo, right? I am glad you argee that is not as bad as you made it seem, we both can argee on that. Sorry I took you for one of those nuts that think HC reform will bankrupt (abyss) the country.

It's a horrible bill which will accomplish none of the originally stated goals, and will cost us money we don't have. On its own, it probably won't bankrupt the country. But add it to our current debt load, and you don't need to be an economist to figure out that it will contribute to a financial schitstorm that our children will be paying for for years.

You'll be hard-pressed in a few years to find a more embarrassing and ill-conceived piece of legislation.

The sky is falling. The sky is falling.

Good! That is only a short time away. I can't wait to see your reply when you are wrong about all of us sinking into the abyss.

Guess what? The sky IS falling, and you don't even know it. You and a bunch of others are incapable of recognizing that, well I see it, and this health care bill will only contribute to our future pain. This bill HAS to be repealed if we want to have any chance against the bond vigilantes from savaging this country. Unfortunately, repealing the healthcare bill is not nearly enough of cost cutting that needs to be done, cutting S.S, Medicare, Defense, Education and a combination of effective tax increases is what will HAVE to be done in order for us to avoid a cataclysmic downturn, one that will have a much greater negative effect than what we are experiencing right now.

I see it, and I believe it's unavoidable, unless we start cutting costs very very soon, and to tell you the truth, with this administration, I would put the odds of any meaningful cuts occuring at about 1000 to 1. I also don't believe the establishment GOP has the guts to make the necessary cuts either, unfortunately it will take a crisis to occur in order for those painful cost cutting measures to happen, and by then, it's will be too late.

So yes, you can put me in the sky is falling camp.

Guess what? The sky IS falling, and you don't even know it. You and a bunch of others are incapable of recognizing that, well I see it, and this health care bill will only contribute to our future pain. This bill HAS to be repealed if we want to have any chance against the bond vigilantes from savaging this country. Unfortunately, repealing the healthcare bill is not nearly enough of cost cutting that needs to be done, cutting S.S, Medicare, Defense, Education and a combination of effective tax increases is what will HAVE to be done in order for us to avoid a cataclysmic downturn, one that will have a much greater negative effect than what we are experiencing right now.

I see it, and I believe it's unavoidable, unless we start cutting costs very very soon, and to tell you the truth, with this administration, I would put the odds of any meaningful cuts occuring at about 1000 to 1. I also don't believe the establishment GOP has the guts to make the necessary cuts either, unfortunately it will take a crisis to occur in order for those painful cost cutting measures to happen, and by then, it's will be too late.

You realize you're basically trying to teach a poop eating dog, right?

I'm on board with you................................Good read.

Though Eric wont read it :blush:

Thanks for the read, very informative....

On a sidenote:

The U.S. economy faces major problems while Europe's is "teetering," the head of General Electric Co told a class of graduating college students on Monday. "We are at an unprecedented moment in the history of our country. There is economic and social anxiety," said Jeff Immelt, chairman and chief executive of the largest U.S. conglomerate. "Europe appears to be teetering." Still, the risk that the Greek debt crisis could drag down other European economies does not appear to be enough to derail the world's overall economic recovery, he told reporters after addressing Boston College's commencement. "It's going to be slow growth in the economic region, but look, I'm 28 years with GE and I can't remember when Europe was fast growth," Immelt said. "I think the U.S. economy is very good right now and improving. We have to see what happens in Europe, but I don't think it's enough to slow the recovery, I really don't." China's economy -- a key growth market for GE, the world's largest maker of jet engines and electricity-producing turbines -- "remains reasonably robust," Immelt said. 'IT'S A MESS OUT THERE' The U.S economy will have to confront problems ranging from the rising cost of healthcare to the loss of many of the manufacturing jobs that once sustained the nation's middle class, Immelt said at Boston College, where GE does extensive recruiting. The company currently employs some 270 alumni of the school. "Look, it's a mess out there. There are some real problems that need to be fixed. I could really bum you out if I wanted to," Immelt told the graduates.

You know when GE's head Obamabot Immelt is beginning to talk this sort of talk, it's time to batten down the hatches.

Actually, I believe the bills come due right now. Ten years of bills for the first six years of service.

Editor's Note: Rasmussen today reports that now 63% favor repeal of the health care law.

Seriously? A full 63% favor repeal? I think a bunch of people just got their 2010 mid-term election campaign positions in place.

Bingo.

Try 5 months.

Repeal and replace.

By the time campaigning for the midterm elections begins, the CBO will had unearthed another several hundred billion in "hidden" costs that will push the law well past the $1T mark that Barry said it needed to be under, to go along with the warning that it won't decrease costs for those who actually pay for it.