etiquette on eating a cheese plate

And, no that isn't a euphemism...when they bring the selected plate to u, what is the 'correct' process...I usually try the cheese solo, then I add the media(cracker or bread) plus spread(chutney, relish, mustard, etc...)...after that its stack time...fruit, sausage et al get piled on...I am not cultured enough to have done this before, to know if I am doing it right....on a similar note, what are must try cheeses?

And, no that isn't a euphemism...when they bring the selected plate to u, what is the 'correct' process...I usually try the cheese solo, then I add the media(cracker or bread) plus spread(chutney, relish, mustard, etc...)...after that its stack time...fruit, sausage et al get piled on...I am not cultured enough to have done this before, to know if I am doing it right....on a similar note, what are must try cheeses?

What you should do is rip the cheese platter out of the hands of the waiter/hostess/whoever is presenting it, violently spike it to the ground and scream "FU*K YOU AND YOUR CHEESE PLATTER B word, I'M GOING TO ARBY'S". You're guaranteed to be the talk of the party if you just follow these steps, and it'll probably get you laid too (when you tell the story to all the women at Arby's).

As far as the cheese, I'm always a sucker for a nice muenster.

Pooj, like anything else, eat it the way you want to. Having said that, not quite sure what you mean by cheese plate. I am a big fan of the cheese cart for dessert, and I often rely then on the servers for suggestions. I happen to be a big fan of goat cheese, but when presented with a plate like to try at least one soft and one hard. Just as an aside, for a nice goat at a nice price, the Rosy Goat at Price Club is very good, but need a neighbor/friend to go in on it as to big for just us.

Just one last note, damn shame the US does not allow unpasteurized cheese in this country.

Just try the different cheeses with the different condiments and see what you like best. Food is personal taste and don't let anyone give you **** for trying something weird, that's how many famous dishes were discovered. As far a must try cheese that's a tough one seeing everyone's tastes are different. To answer that question....all of them. :censored:

Went to Cow Girl Creamery in Pt Reyes last week and watched them make their Red Hawk cheese. This stuff is very good but very stinky. Bought some from the creamery when my brother was out here and had it in the trunk and it smelled up the whole car. My wife put it in a tupperware container in the refrigerator and it still stunk up the joint. We had to put it outside. :(

You don't need manners to eat

this but you need to be careful. I haven't eaten it but I did try something similar, fromage l'habitant, in Corsica which had live worms in it (I can't locate a video). After we cut a piece, we just let them crawl out before we ate it. It was good...tasted like bleu cheese.

that may be a bit tough for me to try...not sure i could handle worms....but i do love a good bleu style cheese

You don't need manners to eat
this but you need to be careful. I haven't eaten it but I did try something similar, fromage l'habitant, in Corsica which had live worms in it (I can't locate a video). After we cut a piece, we just let them crawl out before we ate it. It was good...tasted like blue cheese.