Cuomo makes it official online

So much for those well-orchestrated campaign kickoff rallies with tons of flags and a brass band. Andrew Cuomo finally made it official today...and he made the announcement on his website.

Cuomo's campaign kickoff

When Cuomo stops here in Syracuse I'm going to ask him his opinion of New Jersey Governor Christie. As far as I'm concerned Cuomo needs to do in New York much of what Christie is doing in New Jersey.

http://www.state.nj.us/governor/priorities/rebuild.html

Rebuilding New Jersey's Economy

The Challenge

In recent years, the unemployment rate in New Jersey has skyrocketed while jobs and businesses have packed up and left the state. Families are struggling to make ends meet and are left to make severe cutbacks as a result of the tough economic conditions.

The Solution

Governor Christie is committed to making New Jersey competitive again by attracting quality-paying jobs, expanding new industries, and promoting New Jersey as a good place to do business.

Tactical solutions for the Governor’s plan include the following:

* Cutting taxes and the cost of doing business in New Jersey

* Cutting excessive red tape and regulation

* Creating the “New Jersey Partnership for Action”

* Promoting New Jersey as a good place to do business

* Increasing efficiency in public sector investment

* Making New Jersey’s health care more affordable for small businesses

Does the Buffalo Bills finally have a supporter high up in New York State government? I can't remember a governor or senator who was a Bills fan.

Finally!!

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/201..._rochester.html

Andrew Cuomo chooses Rochester mayor Robert Duffy as his running mate

By The Associated Press

May 26, 2010, 8:18AM

Gubernatorial candidate Andrew Cuomo has chosen Duffy to be his running mate.Rye Brook, NY -- Democratic candidate for governor Andrew Cuomo is choosing Rochester Mayor Robert Duffy to be his lieutenant governor.

Duffy became mayor in 2006 after seven years as Rochester's police chief. He has a Master's Degree in Public Administration from Syracuse University.

(more)