A MUST see Nike World Cup Ad.

Why don't they just pick up the ball. Seems like that would do away with some of the boring. Oh wait, that's Rugby - a real sport.

And yes, I will continue to enter every soccer thread and bash the sport.

Seems very fitting of you to do that :thumbsup:

Looks like the Germans were once again schooled by the Italians :wallbash:

Of course the number of Italians and Germans in those two teams probably represents 10% of their respective clubs :lol:

I think Mourinho is the greatest coach of any sport I've ever seen.

lol, I guess since it was an Argentinian who took over the match, the Italy v. Germany thing was a draw :lol:

I had to work today, so was just monitoring the game cast on the computer...hoping to see some highlights later.

Congrats to Inter :thumbsup:

And yes, I will continue to enter every soccer thread and bash the sport.

You should because time is running out on saying soccer is unpopular in America.

MLS keeps getting better. The USMNT keeps getting better. More and more Americans are plying their trade overseas in top leagues. ESPN is spending billions on the sport. Hell, Jim Rome and Colin Cowherd are talking soccer now.

The tipping point will be the return of the World Cup in 2018 or 2022. With a good USA run, soccer will become a top three sport in the US before 2025.

You should because time is running out on saying soccer is unpopular in America.

MLS keeps getting better. The USMNT keeps getting better. More and more Americans are plying their trade overseas in top leagues. ESPN is spending billions on the sport. Hell, Jim Rome and Colin Cowherd are talking soccer now.

The tipping point will be the return of the World Cup in 2018 or 2022. With a good USA run, soccer will become a top three sport in the US before 2025.

Right on, brother....a bold prediction, but wouldn't surprise me! Glad you mentioned Cowherd...I really enjoy his show. I have taken him to task a few times via email, cause I think some of his views on big market vs. small market teams are just elitist and completely contrary to the concept of "sport", but the guy is VERY well thought out and VERY interesting. You get the sense that he's not some talking head singing the corporate mantra or toeing the company line. The guy tells is as he sees it, and I dig that.

They call him the special one for a reason.

Good God I hate Inter, but the green/white/red comes before everything.

Diego Milito's second goal was

What an amazing finish, my heart gets pumping every time I watch that goal. I am so !@#$ing ready for the World Cup.

What an amazing finish, my heart gets pumping every time I watch that goal. I am so !@#$ing ready for the World Cup.

I hadn't really watched it in slow motion until just now, but wow, Milito had a SMALL ASSS window to put that ball through, just missing the last defender and the goalie's outstretched hand. Beautiful shot!

Holy crap, we're so close to WC 2010....YEAH BABY!!!!

So that means it took 50 years to catch on. :worthy:

Milito scored 4 crucial goals.

1 to win the Tim Cup.

2 to win the champions league.

1 to win the scudetto.

There is the treble. Too bad Mourinho is leaving. He made Serie A interesting.