A MUST see Nike World Cup Ad.

is there gratuitous nudity?

Only a dude.

To summarize, it is a three minute video about soccer, and in it Kobe scores two more points than all the greatest soccer players in the world combined. Unless a cartoon scoring a "goal" off of Homer Simpson counts, then it is 2-1 Kobe. So although accurate, I wouldn't call it exciting.

Only a dude.

To summarize, it is a three minute video about soccer, and in it Kobe scores two more points than all the greatest soccer players in the world combined. Unless a cartoon scoring a "goal" off of Homer Simpson counts, then it is 2-1 Kobe. So although accurate, I wouldn't call it exciting.

Thanks. I'll take a pass.

That was sick!

You're right of course; it was sick. At least it made me sick. But honestly we probably shouldn't come in to soccer boys' thread and make fun of the garbage Euro "sport".

Sorry Bluesky. I'll leave you alone. I can't speak for everyone else though. Bart and others might continue to trash your dumb thread.

That was sick!

I'm a casual fan of The World Cup. I'l probably catch a game or two of the USA games. Maybe even fall alseep too. :beer:

I thought the ad was very well done. With ESPN's pre-cup ads it looks like it should do well on ratrings with a great tourney. Go USA!! :wallbash:

I'm a casual fan of The World Cup. I'l probably catch a game or two of the USA games. Maybe even fall alseep too. :wallbash:

I thought the ad was very well done. With ESPN's pre-cup ads it looks like it should do well on ratrings with a great tourney. Go USA!! ;)

That's me exactly. I'm not a huge soccer fan, but I'll definitely try to catch the USA games and maybe one of the final matches. A nap is not completely out of the question either.

Back in '02, I rented a beach house with a few buddies and it happened to be during the Seoul World Cup so the games came on at like 5 am. So we'd just drink all night, stay awake for the games and pass out afterward. That's the way to get into a sport! :beer:

Anyone care to tell me which one of those players wasn't called up by his national team :lol:

Love the tribute to Cannavaro :thumbsup: and the ass kicking to Ribery :lol:

I believe you're talking about Ronaldinho. He was the worldwide player of the year a couple years ago. I can't explain the collapse.

I believe you're talking about Ronaldinho. He was the worldwide player of the year a couple years ago. I can't explain the collapse.

He joined the A.C. Milan Retirement facility.

Aside from the Kobe part, awesome ad :thumbsup:

Looks like the Germans were once again schooled by the Italians :lol:

Of course the number of Italians and Germans in those two teams probably represents 10% of their respective clubs :lol:

I think Mourinho is the greatest coach of any sport I've ever seen.