Unions to spend well over $100 Million....

Unions to spend $100M in 2010 campaign to save Dem majorities.

At least two influential unions will spend close to $100 million on the 2010 election, with most of those funds going to protect incumbents.

Union officials told The Hill they plan to help endangered members — particularly freshmen — who made politically difficult votes in a year during which an anti-incumbent mood has filled the country.

And the number will be even higher since the AFL-CIO declined to give its figures

Talk about hypocrisy, The democrats B word and moan about the Supreme court justice's decision to allow corporations to donate more funds to politicians, even though in 2008 corporations funded Democrats more than they did the GOP (which I'm sure many of them are regretting today), but not a peep about the Unions.

:beer:

Unions to spend $100M in 2010 campaign to save Dem majorities.

Talk about hypocrisy, The democrats B word and moan about the Supreme court justice's decision to allow corporations to donate more funds to politicians, even though in 2008 corporations funded Democrats more than they did the GOP (which I'm sure many of them are regretting today), but not a peep about the Unions.

:beer:

I believe Obama mentioned the unions right along with corporations in a few of his speeches.

What is he supposed to do? They are allowed to spend money just like the corporations.

I tell you what he and the rest of the liberals can do, they can demonize the Unions just the same way they do corporations, how's that for a start?

I tell you what he and the rest of the liberals can do, they can demonize the Unions just the same way they do corporations, how's that for a start?

Unions have been spending money like that for years on elections... it not news.

Unions have been spending money like that for years on elections... it not news.

You're missing the point, corporations are being demonized for their donations, but the unions aren't. That's the point that I am making.

You're missing the point, corporations are being demonized for their donations, but the unions aren't. That's the point that I am making.

That also has been going on for years, which apparently makes it not news :wallbash:

I keed I keed...

See, it's wrong when corporations spend money on elections like that, because they are evil, and want evil candidates to be elected that will screw over the American people.

Unions are the complete opposite... :beer:

That also has been going on for years, which apparently makes it not news ;)

I keed I keed...

See, it's wrong when corporations spend money on elections like that, because they are evil, and want evil candidates to be elected that will screw over the American people.

Unions are the complete opposite... :beer:

Please unions have been demonized for years... again not news. Just upset that the democrats aren't going after them like they do major corporations. Gee I wonder why? :wallbash: Same reason that republicans don't go after corporations or associations like the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.

Please unions have been demonized for years... again not news. Just upset that the democrats aren't going after them like they do major corporations. Gee I wonder why? :beer: Same reason that republicans don't go after corporations or associations like the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.

Obama was the #1 receiver of campaign contributions from BP, the Health Care industry and Goldman Sachs.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0510/36783.html

While the BP oil geyser pumps millions of gallons of petroleum into the Gulf of Mexico, President Barack Obama and members of Congress may have to answer for the millions in campaign contributions they’ve taken from the oil and gas giant over the years.

BP and its employees have given more than $3.5 million to federal candidates over the past 20 years, with the largest chunk of their money going to Obama, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. Donations come from a mix of employees and the company’s political action committees — $2.89 million flowed to campaigns from BP-related PACs and about $638,000 came from individuals

http://www.georgewashington2.blogspot.com/...sh-from-bp.html

Obama apparently also got more contributions from Exxon and Chevron than McCain.

And Obama had the most political contributions from Goldman Sachs in 2008 of all senators. And Goldman gave more to Obama than any other presidential candidate, and was Obama's second-largest contributor.

In addition, Obama was the top congressional recipient of defense industry contributions for the 2008 election cycle. See this, this and this.

Obama was also the top recipient of money from the healthcare giants in the presidential election.

Now admit that he is a !@#$ing hypocrite, just like the rest of them.

"Change you can believe in" MY ASS :wallbash:

Obama was the #1 receiver of campaign contributions from BP, the Health Care industry and Goldman Sachs.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0510/36783.html

http://www.georgewashington2.blogspot.com/...sh-from-bp.html

Now admit that he is a !@#$ing hypocrite, just like the rest of them.

"Change you can believe in" MY ASS :beer:

And if you dig a bit deeper he said... “Last week, the Supreme Court reversed a century of law to open the floodgates for special interests -- including foreign companies -- to spend without limit in our elections,” Obama said tonight. “Well, I don’t think American elections should be bankrolled by America’s most powerful interests, and worse, by foreign entities. They should be decided by the American people, and that’s why I’m urging Democrats and Republicans to pass a bill that helps to right this wrong.”

I think he is more worried about foreign companies being involved and I agree with that. Actually I agree with pushing everyone out of it... corps and unions

Obama said tonight. “Well, I don’t think American elections should be bankrolled by America’s most powerful interests, and worse, by foreign entities. They should be decided by the American people, and that’s why I’m urging Democrats and Republicans to pass a bill that helps to right this wrong.”

Which is why he was "bankrolled by America's most powerful interests" for the 2008 elections. What a !@#$ing hypocrite.

You don't see that? Of course you don't PBills. We all know why they are against this, because the tide has turned, and businesses know that the Obama agenda is more anti-business friendly than the conservatives. Anyone who thinks rationally can see this.

Which is why he was "bankrolled by America's most powerful interests" for the 2008 elections. What a !@#$ing hypocrite.

You don't see that? Of course you don't PBills.

Of course I see that. However is this simply a democrat issue to you?

Of course I see that. However is this simply a democrat issue to you?

The hypocrisy from the Democrats to not demonize Unions for funding their elections (which overwhelmingly goes to the Democrats), and the corporate money they received to help them win previous elections, is more apparent than ever when they now, all of a sudden are against this SAME corporate money that was going in their political coffers, is in danger of going to the other parties coffers.

It is indefensible. The facts speak for themselves...

The hypocrisy from the Democrats to not demonize Unions for funding their elections (which overwhelmingly goes to the Democrats), and the corporate money they received to help them win previous elections, is more apparent than ever when they now, all of a sudden are against this SAME corporate money that was going in their political coffers, is in danger of going to the other parties coffers.

It is indefensible. The facts speak for themselves...

Which just like the Republicans saying that they are for the people... when really they'll do anything the corporations say to do.

Which just like the Republicans saying that they are for the people... when really they'll do anything the corporations say to do.

Good one. Way to counter facts with a liberal talking point. :beer:

Good one. Way to counter facts with a liberal talking point. :beer:

Oh please.

"If there's one thing that Americans from the left, right and center can all agree on, it's that they don't want more special interests in our politics," Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), who is spearheading the legislative effort, said in a statement after the poll was released Wednesday.

"We hope we can get strong and quick bipartisan support for our legislation, which passes constitutional muster but will still effectively limit the influence of special interests."

Under legislation being drafted by Schumer and Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), companies with foreign ownership or federal contracting ties would be limited in their ability to spend corporate money on elections.

Oh please.

"If there's one thing that Americans from the left, right and center can all agree on, it's that they don't want more special interests in our politics," Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), who is spearheading the legislative effort, said in a statement after the poll was released Wednesday.

"We hope we can get strong and quick bipartisan support for our legislation, which passes constitutional muster but will still effectively limit the influence of special interests."

Under legislation being drafted by Schumer and Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), companies with foreign ownership or federal contracting ties would be limited in their ability to spend corporate money on elections.

So basically your counter argument of you being accused of spewing liberal talking points, and replace it with Schumer and Van Hollen's own liberal talking points, who are notorious partisan shills. Awesome. :beer:

So basically your counter argument of you being accused of spewing liberal talking points, and replace it with Schumer and Van Hollen's own liberal talking points, who are notorious partisan shills. Awesome. :beer:

Your whole Obama attack is basically saying that even though corporations helped fund his campaign he's a hypocrite. Ok, once an elected into office is a person allowed to move forward or back legislation that may go against what they did during the election cycle?

Spewing liberal talking points... HAHAHA why is every democrat considered a liberal.