Bills Open Practice

Lots open at 12:30, Gates open at 2, Practice at 3.

No ticket required, open seating. Parking free in lots A,B,C,D,E

Weather Permitting

I will be there with a kid or two or three!! Can't wait, the price is right, the Bill's can't lose this one! and the prices of food and drink are supposed to be discounted! Hopefully, some or all of the new players will participate. I don't know if they have to be signed prior to participating???

Well, even though I have been less than optimistic about how they will do this year, I want a first-hand look to evaluate

the new kids on the block, and hopefully see some things to change my mind about their prospects for a good season.

Hopefully, everyone out there will come out to the Ralph and enjoy the practice! Does anyone know if they have held one of these in past years, or is this just a ploy to get you out to the Ralph to try and sell you season tickets? Isn't this probably

the same as a select your seat day event they have had in the past?? If so, How did it go if anyone has attended this before?

Wouldn't it be amazing if 30,000 people turned out for this open practice instead of 3,000....probably not likely?

Does anyone know if they have held one of these in past years, or is this just a ploy to get you out to the Ralph to try and sell you season tickets? Isn't this probably

the same as a select your seat day event they have had in the past?? If so, How did it go if anyone has attended this before?

Wouldn't it be amazing if 30,000 people turned out for this open practice instead of 3,000....probably not likely?

The Bills used to do this regularly. It was usually in conjunction with a "Pick a seat Day" where any seats not yet sold as season tickets were marked as available. You could watch the practice and price season tickets.

It's a great idea because it's a good business move and a fan-friendly move. I never understood why the Bills discontinued the open practices.

The last open practice I attended was back when Drew Haddad (UB Grad) was trying to make the team. I remember one play where Antoine Winfield went for the pick and missed and Haddad took it all the way to the house. I probably attended 3 of these open practices. They're lots of fun.

The last free fan event I remember the Buffalo Sabres holding is when they went to their new (2nd) unis. They did a uniform unveiling towards the end of the season. This was back when Michael Grosek was on the team. I remember this because he hadn't played that year due to injury but skated during the uniform unveiling.

Many Buffalonians remember the Sabres Annual Open Practice. These were during the glory years. I remember Perreault, Martin, Robert, Gare, Luce, Schoenfeld, Korab, etc. at the open practice. At the end of the open practice, they would have a penalty shot competition. It was a blast. The open practices were lots of fun and the Aud would be filled to capacity for them, even though it was also televised.

The Sabres should follow the Bills example and re-institute the open practice. It's a nice way of giving access to fans…especially those who can't afford to go to too many games.

The Bills used to do this regularly. It was usually in conjunction with a "Pick a seat Day" where any seats not yet sold as season tickets were marked as available. You could watch the practice and price season tickets.

It's a great idea because it's a good business move and a fan-friendly move. I never understood why the Bills discontinued the open practices.

The last open practice I attended was back when Drew Haddad (UB Grad) was trying to make the team. I remember one play where Antoine Winfield went for the pick and missed and Haddad took it all the way to the house. I probably attended 3 of these open practices. They're lots of fun.

The last free fan event I remember the Buffalo Sabres holding is when they went to their new (2nd) unis. They did a uniform unveiling towards the end of the season. This was back when Michael Grosek was on the team. I remember this because he hadn't played that year due to injury but skated during the uniform unveiling.

Many Buffalonians remember the Sabres Annual Open Practice. These were during the glory years. I remember Perreault, Martin, Robert, Gare, Luce, Schoenfeld, Korab, etc. at the open practice. At the end of the open practice, they would have a penalty shot competition. It was a blast. The open practices were lots of fun and the Aud would be filled to capacity for them, even though it was also televised.

The Sabres should follow the Bills example and re-institute the open practice. It's a nice way of giving access to fans…especially those who can't afford to go to too many games.

Nice Post! :P I remember going to a few of the Sabres open practices back in the '70's as well....what a great thing it was back then...Hockey seemed funner to me...maybe because I was just a kid. I loved watching Danny Gare play a little after that time frame I believe. He was my favorite player for a few years! I used to watch the hockey games on t.v. and listen to the buffalo braves on WBEN 930 AM simultaneously. Sit there with my hockey and basketball cards and Mom sometimes would bring in a pack of cards for me when she got back from the store during the games. What fresh great memories of that era. I remember loving seeing Peter the Puck (It may have been hockey night in Canada?)...and boy back in the day the French Connection was really something special. I used to watch Gil Perreault practically wide up as he made a circle or two in the ice as he began his way down the ice...And couldn't that Richard Martin really shoot a slap shot. That unsung here Bill Height was such a solid defenseman...and how 'bout king kong korab and Shoenfeld...Geez, quick reflection but those guys could really teach the players of today a few things about effort...which makes me think of Rick Dudley in the corners.....

Sorry, for the long trip down memory lane...you got me thinking!! Yes, todays teams could do a bit more to market and

show the fans that they also in return care about the fanbase, not just the dollars/bottom line...and in return their bottom line would be even better! The Blue and Gold...I wish the Sabres would just completely revert back to the old design that

they occasionally wear on a permament basis. I think I'll ask the Bills fanbase as a topic about uniforms for both the Sabres and Bills... :wallbash:

• 2 weeks later...

Also for all you people with seasons ...

Bills Season Ticket Holders may contact the Bills to receive a coupon valid for a complimentary hot dog, beverage and snack that they can redeem at the Open Practice. Season Ticket Holders may call 1-877-BB-TICKS (228-4257) or email tickets@bills.nfl.net to receive their coupon.