Supercreep Rand Paul

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an odd thing. Private businesses regularly exclude based on sex, age, "who you know," income, and even race (let's see me try to join a bunch of minority organizations as white dude). I'm not sure he's so wrong but taking that stance publicly will get him skewered. He lost with that answer because people are too stupid to hear the answer.

I agree, which specific position is it that you were referring to?

That private business owners should be able to exclude whoever they want based on whatever criteria they like.

I don't necessarily agree, but it's not like he's David Duke.

That private business owners should be able to exclude whoever they want based on whatever criteria they like.

I don't necessarily agree, but it's not like he's David Duke.

I would characterize this as a libertarian conundrum. Libertarian points of view consist of as little government interference as possible, but then you have this.

Considering that he reiterated his point more than a few times that he wouldn't support anyone or company that practiced this sort of discrimination, I think anyone who doesn't have an agenda see's his POV.

Funny thing is, his pops is the SAME WAY, but the libs OVERLOOKED his extreme right wing/libertarian ideology becuase he was agaisnt the Iraq war.

Like Magox says...its "live and let live", to the max. My bro-in-law is even further in this direction. HIS political ideology is basically "every man for himself!!!!"

And I think Rand Paul is creepy, too. You look in his eyes, hear how hes doing these interviews...something dont seem right...elevator's not making all the stops or something.......I dunno.

Supercreep Eric Holder...

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/A...k-Panthers.aspx

"Black Panthers dressed in paramilitary garb, one brandishing a nightstick and saying things like, "You are about to be ruled by the black man, cracker!""

Holder dropped a slam dunk case (with video proof) of voter intimidation against bat wielding members of the Black Panther Party. Doesn't get much creepier than that.

I would characterize this as a libertarian conundrum. Libertarian points of view consist of as little government interference as possible, but then you have this.

Considering that he reiterated his point more than a few times that he wouldn't support anyone or company that practiced this sort of discrimination, I think anyone who doesn't have an agenda see's his POV.

It is indeed a Libertarian conundrum. I can't find fault with his position at a logical level, but at the same time, I cannot conceive of a society that would only serve people of a certain race.

It is indeed a Libertarian conundrum. I can't find fault with his position at a logical level, but at the same time, I cannot conceive of a society that would only serve people of a certain race.

It's the same idealist argument as always. There is no morally acceptable answer the problems brought about by "no government interference". The classic anti-big-government stance is to simply ignore the consequences.

The classic anti-big-government stance is to simply ignore the consequences.

I'm good with that. But then, I'm also good with seeing people who discriminate get the living **** beat out of them, and I wish duelling was legal.

So I'm probably not the best source for an opinion on the matter.

It's the same idealist argument as always. There is no morally acceptable answer the problems brought about by "no government interference". The classic anti-big-government stance is to simply ignore the consequences.

I believe too many people like to put things into a black or white context. Obviously government has a role, I think the message should be about reducing the size of government, as opposed to eliminating it. I think Europe is a brilliant example of why bigger government philosophies don't work well on a sustained basis for the citizens of those countries.

I believe too many people like to put things into a black or white context. Obviously government has a role, I think the message should be about reducing the size of government, as opposed to eliminating it. I think Europe is a brilliant example of why bigger government philosophies don't work well on a sustained basis for the citizens of those countries.

Beware the Libertarian backlash.

I'm good with that. But then, I'm also good with seeing people who discriminate get the living **** beat out of them, and I wish duelling was legal.

So I'm probably not the best source for an opinion on the matter.

At least you don't try to weasel your way around it.

Isn't this debate proof that you're wrong?

The big-government people cornered the "ignoring consequences" market.