If you could have one other NFL player ...

daquixers

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention the immeidate impact of Sean Taylor for the Redskins Defense.

140599[/snapback]

And to think, there were a few people here ready to call him a bust after the first couple weeks of the season. Yeah, right! Can we have this 'bust'? He is the player I wanted the most out in this year's draft and we're seeing why. If he keeps himself healthy, watch out.

And to think, there were a few people here ready to call him a bust after the first couple weeks of the season.  Yeah, right!  Can we have this 'bust'?  He is the player I wanted the most out in this year's draft and we're seeing why.  If he keeps himself healthy, watch out.

141218[/snapback]

Me too. Of course, I wanted the other Williams. AD just loves big, fast, hard hitting safeties.

Me too.  Of course, I wanted the other Williams.  AD just loves big, fast, hard hitting safeties.

141225[/snapback]

Not only can he hit (has the size of a linebacker at 6-3 and 230), but his abilities in coverage surpass those of Roy Williams. This kid could be special. I only hope injuries or immaturity don't spoil his career.

Not only can he hit (has the size of a linebacker at 6-3 and 230), but his abilities in coverage surpass those of Roy Williams.  This kid could be special.  I only hope injuries or immaturity don't spoil his career.

141231[/snapback]

I haven't gotten the chance to see much of him this season, but he was something else in college. It's amazing to me that Miami ever loses a game with the teams they field.

I like Julian Peterson when he is healthy.  The dude is a freak

140542[/snapback]

Peterson tore an achilles. I'm pretty sure he is a free agent again this offseason. The Niners are still cap-screwed, Peterson is coming off a "worse than ACL" injury, and they might want to use up that cap space to bury some of that dead money. Five years ago, he might have been potential bargain on the FA market, but nowadays, somebody desperate will probably throw healthy money at him(Chiefs?). Has anyone ever come back all the way from an achilles? I know Marino limped his career out after his and Sam Cowart has certainly never been as agile again.

I second that one.  It makes me sick to think the Bills missed out on that guy when he was basically free for the taking, and even sicker that AJerk Smith signed him.  Gates is a game changer with more talent than Gonzalez, Shockey or Winslow.  Without Gates, the 2004 Chargers are not good AT ALL on offense.  With him they are dominant.

140450[/snapback]

Yeah imagine that the Bills passed on signing a future Pro Bowl TE that never played a down of college football and despite being a great basketball player at Kent State went undrafted by the NBA as well.

That said I think if we had a Pro Bowl TE this team would definately be better. I know he's been hurt most of the season but Todd Heap definately should be on this list.

Sorry, AV gets it done regardless of conditions.  The FG he made in the snow bowl was one of the greatest kicks of all time.  The long FG he made last week in the slop in NE was the rule, not the exception.  Dude is straight MONEY.  He'd be ridiculous in a dome.

140597[/snapback]

I guess I just disagree:

Mike Vanderjagt: 182-209 for 87.1%

Adam Vinatieri: 240-292 for 82%

So let me get this straight. He is "clutch its ridiculous" , yet in a 9 year career Adam Vinatieri has missed 52 field goals.

Mike Vanderjagt in a 7 year career has missed only 27 field goals.

1) Peyton Manning

2) Johnathon Ogden

3) Ed Reed

4) Antonio Gates

5) Kevin Mawae

Anyone who wouldn't take Manning #1 is either insane, or just going out of their way to be different.

140755[/snapback]

100% correct ... anyone who doesnt pick Manning is just being stupid to say "hey, look at me" or is just insane.

Vandy sure was clutch in game one of the season, no?

Guy can make 500 kicks in a row but until I see one when it's crunch time I'll stick with Adam.

141778[/snapback]

So let me get this straight. He is "clutch its ridiculous" , yet in a 9 year career Adam Vinatieri has missed 52 field goals.

Years ago Vinatieri used to not be automatic (he missed many kicks vs. the Bills in the late 90's) but he is without question a stronger clutch performer. Not only did Vanderjagt choke vs. NE this year, he also missed a game-winner in OT vs. Miami in the 2000 playoffs. If I recall he also missed a couple early in the Jets playoff loss (not that it would've made a difference). Throw in the fact that he plays more than half his reg. season games in a dome and it's really not much of a contest.

I actually kind of think the SB kicks are slightly overrated just because both games were tied so there wasn't THAT much pressure.

Not many kickers get that kind of opportunity once, much less twice, and given the chance there are some others who would probably be successful.

But the kick to force OT vs. Oakland was something else, and given Vanderjet's consistent choking in the few clutch situations he has had, you have to say Vinateri is the better of the two.

Glad you agree w/ me on Manning though - the Bills would be so damn good w/ him.

I guess I just disagree:

Mike Vanderjagt: 182-209 for 87.1%

Adam Vinatieri: 240-292 for 82%

141774[/snapback]

hey, master of the obvious:

VADERJAGT KICKS INDOORS!

:lol: