What is your property tax rate?

I hope none of you move to Texas. No income tax but bend over for property taxes and take it with a smile.

Oh I think it's safe to say I pay more in CA state income tax than you pay in property taxes. And with me the more successful I get the more I take it in the end.

Oh I think it's safe to say I pay more in CA state income tax than you pay in property taxes. And with me the more successful I get the more I take it in the end.

Hard to disagree ... I used to live in CA. Texas does create a very interesting dynamic because if you choose to live in a house that is "cheap" (easily done here) you can avoid the taxes. In States like CA it is hard to hide.

Hard to disagree ... I used to live in CA. Texas does create a very interesting dynamic because if you choose to live in a house that is "cheap" (easily done here) you can avoid the taxes. In States like CA it is hard to hide.

Exactamentally.

I pay about 4800 a year on a house that is about 150k to 200k dollars... Last year I was paying 5200. The bulk goes to the school districts. I send my children to a Catholic school, so I get 500 bucks back at tax time.

After schools, everything else is broken down... Sorry, I don't have my tax bill in front of me... But a few things are:

Library district

Drainage district

Township roads

Park districts

Police/Fire, which I think is classified as municipal

I know there are a bunch more districts... They just don't come to mind.

Water is separate, trash separate. I pay about 80 bucks every three months for water and sewer (4 people in the house) and my quarterly garbage is 90 bucks with the extra rental of a big lawn (10-15 bucks) can to put lawn waste in.

or you could live in Buffalo...have high property taxes, high sales taxes, AND high income tax

Cook county (Chicago) and Illinois (Chicago) has all three... Actually, sales tax (Cook county) may be the highest in the country... Seems nobody is fleeing.

I live in Will county (sales tax is only 6 1/4%) where residental doesn't get a break off the backs of industry/commercial (33 1/3% across the board)... Yet, get a break on sales tax (big item purchases like a car). If I move my house 3,000 north across the border into Cook, I could save a substantial amount in property taxes.

Geezus, don't any of you guys live in Erie County? My house is worth about $110,000, assessed at $48,000, and I pay taxes of $3600 per year. They are BLEEDING us.

Your comment about services, I agree. Plowing and garbage, I have never needed the cops so it is a waste to me.

God thats 7.5% Bleeding is right.