Stolen Valor: CT Senate candidate Richard Blumenthal's

Kerry has more honor in this regard than Blumenthal has in his pinkie.

Kerry at least served in Vietnam when he said he served in Vietnam.

I recommend people read Tour of Duty: John Kerry and the Viet Nam War by Douglas Brinkley, a well respected biographer. I believe it was 60 Minutes that did a piece on Brinkley and the book before the '04 race and I was impressed by why Kerry REFUSED to go after the Swift Boaters. Simply put, Kerry feels that ANYONE that served, especially the men he served with, served with honor, even those who chose to jump on the swift boat campaign against him. He felt it was a dishonor to EVERYONE involved, especially those that died. He simply refused to engage the Swiftees for that reason alone. Some things just aren't meant to dragged into the cess pool of mudslinging that is politics. And it cost him.

There was nothing to gain but everything to lose by strongly attacking his attackers. He remained true to his belief and I can't fault him for that.

He couldn't win the argument anyway. The lasting images of his appearance on Dick Cavet, his organizing of veterans to protest the war, etc. are simply unforgivable to many. I just find it ironic that someone who DID serve and was decorated for doing so was so pilloried by those who instead wanted to see the re-election of a president who's dad pulled strings to keep him out of Viet Nam and a vice-president who simply chose to avoid any semblance of service at all.

Kerry, the Swift Boaters, and anyone who served in what we all know to be that cluster fu*k of a war should be honored for their service. Period.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You think a politician lying that he fought in a war is "a nothing comment?"

Yikes.

Moron.

It's sad that you and so many others have such low standards for our 'leaders'.

The lowest standard may not have been set in 2000, but it was certainly reinforced.

I thought he was referring to his own post as "nothing comment," but I could be wrong. Either way Blumenthal is a grade A moron. It's remarkable he hasn't been caught in this lie until now.

Thank you!

Perhaps I overestimate PPP's reading comprehension level in general. :w00t:

Moron.

How about instead of calling people names you spend some time answering the question posed to you a week ago about how why you believe conservatives are selfish. I kept asking, and kept waiting, and here we are, with you sticking to name calling.

So one more time: please cite specific conservative positions and explain why those particular positions are selfish.

My thanks in advance for what I'm sure will be a great and coherent response.

How about instead of calling people names you spend some time answering the question posed to you a week ago about how why you believe conservatives are selfish. I kept asking, and kept waiting, and here we are, with you sticking to name calling.

So one more time: please cite specific conservative positions and explain why those particular positions are selfish.

My thanks in advance for what I'm sure will be a great and coherent response.

Are you keeping a list? Is it driving you nuts? Cool, but I don't owe you anything pal. Selfish is of course a fairly subjective term, so I guess you could say that it is my opinion that conservatives are selfish - especially if it makes you feel better. I don't really think a partisan shill like yourself really needs me to spell it out, do you? You should be well-versed in the arguments.

If you have some introspection to engage in and/or some issues to work out I suggest: This Link.

If that doesn't work, try: This Link.

Good luck!

Are you keeping a list? Is it driving you nuts? Cool, but I don't owe you anything pal. Selfish is of course a fairly subjective term, so I guess you could say that it is my opinion that conservatives are selfish - especially if it makes you feel better. I don't really think a partisan shill like yourself really needs me to spell it out, do you?

If you have some introspection to engage in and/or some issues to work out I suggest: This Link.

Good luck!

So it's your opinion that conservatives are selfish. Well no ****, we know that was our opinion. Now when most normal people formulate opinions they base those opinions on something, typically an experience or first hand knowledge of something that led them to that opinion. So, what led you to that opinion?

So it's your opinion that conservatives are selfish. Well no ****, we know that was our opinion. Now when most normal people formulate opinions they base those opinions on something, typically an experience or first hand knowledge of something that led them to that opinion. So, what led you to that opinion?

PPP

That was pretty good. Not as good as BF telling LA to throw himself under a bus and helpfully providing him a Los Angeles bus schedule...but nonetheless, pretty good.

By the way...your judgement that "conservatives are selfish" is based on a judgement that "conservatism is selfishness". Your entire opinion is tautological...which I think you know, which is why I'm not taking you seriously. But if you didn't know...you're an idiot.

What a revelation. I wouldn't reserve "irrational" for any one group, as it seems to cross all demographics.

Okay, I'll be the first to say it:

Unlike selfishness, which is strictly conservative.

Are you keeping a list? Is it driving you nuts? Cool, but I don't owe you anything pal. Selfish is of course a fairly subjective term, so I guess you could say that it is my opinion that conservatives are selfish - especially if it makes you feel better. I don't really think a partisan shill like yourself really needs me to spell it out, do you? You should be well-versed in the arguments.

Good luck!

So in conclusion, you believe that conservatives are selfish, but are unable to explain why you think the way you think and when pressed to explain why you think the way you think, you call me a moron and a partisan shill, and then follow it up with links to websites which suggests that not only are you unable to explain why you think the way you think, but that you're actually either too damn lazy or damn stupid to explain why you think the way you think.

Thanks for advancing the conversation. You're all class.