Felser: Armchair Bills analysts overdose on despair

Surely you jest. When have the Bills gone 0-16? When have Bills fans lost their NFL team? Get some perspective, dude. We've had some bad stuff happen but it can be much much worse.

PTR

I have to agree with you. The Bills haven't always been atrociously bad; they have merely been consistently mediocre. To say that things can be worse is a sad commentary on the low expectations for this franchise.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

umm, the "guy" that brought in Walker-Dockery was John Guy. Tom Modrak (assuming you mean the guy still in charge of scouting) isn't responsible for veteran trades and FAs.

BTW, I agree with you that it's totally aggravating for the past two preseasons not to have a known quantity at LT. Last year we all know what happened and of course this time we hoped that they'd take one of the highly-rated tackles in the draft. I'm still pissed about that, but I can only reason that they didn't have good grades on who was left after the 1st 8 picks and stuck with their board. Maybe they'll still trade for a veteran LT, or more likely their plan is to use their existing players and develop (or draft) their franchise OL bookends in the years ahead.

You got me, he didn't actually "bring them to Buffalo" But someone on the Bills had to scout them out and consider them top talent to pay them as much as they did!

That entire Jason Peters fiasco was brought about by overpaying those two underachievers a penny more then Peters. I know I'd get mad and upset if my Co brought in new help and paid them more then what I was making and then I was forced to watch them fail...meanwhile I get selected by my peers as the best at my position.

Anyway... yea, it couldn't be more frustrating as a fan to sit by and watch the team fail another year because they refuse to upgrade the 2nd most important position on the offense, then realize that the #1 position on the offense is going to fail also...no matter who it is.

I wonder if and when it will "sink in" to Gailey and Nix, if ever.

I have always enjoyed reading Larry's articles. He is never afraid to express his opinions even if they aren't positive. We need more writers like him who hold the Bills organization accountable for their actions.

Mike, Bills fan in San Diego.

Maybe because I've grown up in Buffalo but I really get no joy out of college sports. Syracuse is about as close as Ann Arbor is to Detroit. And I've rooted for Cuse but it never really meant that much to me. So saying that college football can replace the NFL is wrong. And both of those franchises have been way less successful than us. So save the woe is me crap.

Point missed, again! :thumbsup:

Just because you don't care about college sports, I guarantee you, most sports in Detroit and Cleveland are as big, if not bigger fans, of their college football programs. That was the point that was being made...Buffalo Bills don't have that other team to fall back on, unless, of course, you count the Sabres, who offer a whole other source of frustrations...