Wegmans - Some People Won't Leave Them To Move To Calif.

My wife LOVES Wegmans and wants one in Minnesota -- and she's only been in the store a half-dozen times.

Shouldn't this read:

My wife LOVES to do me in the produce section of Wegmans. She wants one in Minnesota so we don't have to settle and do it in our local grocery store -- she's only been with me in the Wegmans store a half-dozen times.

Shouldn't this read:

My wife LOVES to do me in the produce section of Wegmans. She wants one in Minnesota so we don't have to settle and do it in our local grocery store -- she's only been with me in the Wegmans store a half-dozen times.

Three couples, an elderly couple, a middle-aged couple and a young newlywed couple wanted to join a church.

The pastor said, "We have special requirements for new parishioners. You must abstain from having sex for two weeks."

The couples agreed and came back at the end of two weeks. The pastor went to the elderly couple and asked, "Were you able to abstain from sex for the two weeks?"

The old man replied, "No problem at all, Pastor."

"Congratulations! Welcome to the church!" said the pastor.

The pastor went to the middle-aged couple and asked, "Well, were you able to abstain from sex for the two weeks?"

The man replied, "The first week was not too bad. The second week I had to sleep on the couch for a couple of nights but, yes, we made it."

"Congratulations! Welcome to the church!" said the pastor.

The pastor then went to the newlywed couple and asked, "Well, were you able to abstain from sex for two weeks?"

"No Pastor, we were not able to go without sex for the two weeks?", the young man replied sadly.

"What Happened?" inquired the pastor.

"My wife was reaching for a can of paint on the top shelf and dropped it. When she bent over to pick it up, I was overcome with lust and took advantage of her right there."

"You understand, of course, this means you will not be welcome in our church," stated the pastor.

"We figured that," said the young man, "we're not welcome at Home Depot anymore either."

My mother hated Wegmans. She would always go to a dumpy little Tops on Union road. Her reason was "I don't want to walk past a million aisles to get what I want".

Exactly. I never got the fascination with grocery stores??? Why would you want the "world at your doorstep?" That's the problem with this crazy mixed-up society... Eat what is in season... One doesn't need a fancy palace and selection soas your money can fly out your pocketbook faster.

Exactly. I never got the fascination with grocery stores??? Why would you want the "world at your doorstep?" That's the problem with this crazy mixed-up society... Eat what is in season... One doesn't need a fancy palace and selection soas your money can fly out your pocketbook faster.

I agree with the "eat what is in season" insofar as you mean eat what is in season within a reasonable distance of your grocer. Arguably everything is "in season" at least twice a year if viewed on a global basis. I could not disagree more from the standpoint of increasing the variety available where it is reasonable to do so from an environmental impact basis. If anything we probably need to be willing to pay more in general for locally grown food. This could then be supplemented with some "non-local" extras insofar as people are willing to pay for them.

The fascination with some of us is the ability to buy very specialized items and not have to drive all over town. This Saturday I shopped at a place by my work called Draegers. I've never been to Wagmans however I'm willing to bet Draegars has more variety. I had a friend who sent me some fresh chanterelle mushrooms he foraged for in Washington. I wanted to do some veal sweetbreads with them. I was pretty sure they'd have them and they did. They also had $800 bottles of wine, full liquor section, a counter with dozens of chocolate truffles and petit fours and olive oils and vinegars that were way out of my price range. All along with your daily staples that you find in your typical grocery store.

I get the fascination with grocery stores. I don't get the fascination with Wagmans as if it were the only one of it's kind.

What are you all smokin that fake ganja :D ?? Of course i want the world at my doorstep, why would i not? And my one true means of relaxation is cooking, and getting everything I need in one store is awesome!!!

eating oysters on the half shell while i shop..now that can't be beat brother :thumbsup: !!!!

I lived somewhere for five years that didn't have Wegmans and was stuck with crappy Price Chopper.

The first thing I did when moving back near one, literally the very first night in the new place, was shop at Wegmans. Honestly shopping had never made me happier.

Only people who have experienced the awesomeness that is Wegmans can truly understand. :)

I have to share this wegmans story of mine from the other night....as many of you may be aware...in pennsylvania, you can only buy beer in package stores or carry out in bars, can't buy in grocery stores...wegmans brilliantly circumvented that by putting pubs in one end of the store, as a result they have a retail beer selection that can only be purchased in that designated section of the store....so I went to the pub the other night to wait as my son was working next door at target...i have 3 beers while waiting...i ask for the check, i get it and look at it for a couple minutes...no place for a tip..the waitress says just sign the bottom...i ask the girl next to me who had obviously visited the pub before, where do i put a tip...she points to the napikins the drinks are on and it clearly states, "tipping is not permitted, we a simply happy to serve you"...i asked if i should still leave a cash tip and she says 'nope', and the waitress also looks at me and says 'absolutely not, we are forbidden from accepting tips'...not only that, but the pints of the quality beers i was drinking were a dollar cheaper than the other bars in the area.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::beer:

I have to share this wegmans story of mine from the other night....as many of you may be aware...in pennsylvania, you can only buy beer in package stores or carry out in bars, can't buy in grocery stores...wegmans brilliantly circumvented that by putting pubs in one end of the store, as a result they have a retail beer selection that can only be purchased in that designated section of the store....so I went to the pub the other night to wait as my son was working next door at target...i have 3 beers while waiting...i ask for the check, i get it and look at it for a couple minutes...no place for a tip..the waitress says just sign the bottom...i ask the girl next to me who had obviously visited the pub before, where do i put a tip...she points to the napikins the drinks are on and it clearly states, "tipping is not permitted, we a simply happy to serve you"...i asked if i should still leave a cash tip and she says 'nope', and the waitress also looks at me and says 'absolutely not, we are forbidden from accepting tips'...not only that, but the pints of the quality beers i was drinking were a dollar cheaper than the other bars in the area.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::beer:

Until you can buy a bottle of top quality scotch it is hardly a quality grocery store. :D