The End Game

I'm a little surprised....TO is still a good-great receiver that you have to game plan for. At the very least he is a capable #2. They are making it sound like TO should/might have to retire....but the way I see it, as long as hes driven and motivated, which i think he still is...he will find a home. If the bills didnt have such an identity crisis i would want to bring him back.

He'll be picked up closer to Training camp by some team when he lowers his asking price. No one is going to givehim top dollar right now with the baggage that always comes along with him. He did great trying not to be such a side show attraction in Buffalo this year, but who knows how long he can keep it up?

Guest dog14787
He'll be picked up closer to Training camp by some team when he lowers his asking price. No one is going to givehim top dollar right now with the baggage that always comes along with him. He did great trying not to be such a side show attraction in Buffalo this year, but who knows how long he can keep it up?

T.O. threw another QB under the bus in my opinion and I hope it was his last. :thumbsup:

T.O. threw another QB under the bus in my opinion and I hope it was his last. :thumbsup:

Trent ran himself over with the bus. As I said in another thread, he has no confidence, can't read a 3-4 defense, and is injury-prone.

Aside from our QB's, TO dropped his fair share of balls again last season and clearly didn't give his best effort a majority of the time. Can that be attributed to the QB play? Kind of, if that's what you base your personal effort on. You're still supposed to be a professional and play every down with all out effort. The dropsies he has no one to blame for except himself.

The guy is done. Nothing more than a decent #2 at best.

A lot of teams need #2 WR's. And considering the production that TO brings at the cost (You could probably get him for 2 million a year) he would demand I am really surprised that no team has given him an offer. The Raiders seem like a win at all costs team that should take a chance on him even the Redskins might take a look at him.

I think some team desperate to sure up their WR situation will give TO a 2-3 million dollar a year offer.

I'd just like to point out that Josh Reed, who was a consummate team player, was standing right next to TO kvetching about Trent. One guy complains to the boss about a fellow employee, you listen. Two guys with the same complaint, you listen a lot harder.

A lot of teams need #2 WR's. And considering the production that TO brings at the cost (You could probably get him for 2 million a year) he would demand I am really surprised that no team has given him an offer. The Raiders seem like a win at all costs team that should take a chance on him even the Redskins might take a look at him.

I think some team desperate to sure up their WR situation will give TO a 2-3 million dollar a year offer.

A team I could see him going to and unfortunately having a lot of success is the Pats*. It would be strange him and Moss on the same team, but him playing in Buffalo was also strange.

I think he'll get picked up for a song after camp.

Agreed. There's no way he doesn't play this year -- it's just that no one is going to pay the current $5MM asking price. When that price drops to $2MM or less in July/August, someone who needs WR help will jump on him.

He's get close, but not yet in the Griffey (he was done 3 years ago) and Shaq category.

Guest dog14787
I'd just like to point out that Josh Reed, who was a consummate team player, was standing right next to TO kvetching about Trent. One guy complains to the boss about a fellow employee, you listen. Two guys with the same complaint, you listen a lot harder.

and T.O.'s sidekick is also gone now isn't he

There was a point in time Josh Reed was becoming TE's go to guy.

And rightfully so. He received no help from this teams QB's and if I was him I wouldn't have been happy either.

And he did nothing to help out his QB's either. its a 2 way street. He could have done so much more to help out the QB and the team, but instead, he decided he would just coast through the year and do just enough to get by.

Try closer to $5 mil. TO has not sunk to the level of accepting a $2-3 mil a year deal. He knows he only has a few years left and is lokking for one last payday. He did his one year "show everyone I can be good and still play" and is now looking for a team to give him his last payday. For $2-3 mil. he would have been signed by now