Holder to challenge AZ immigration law

You are underestimating those who come to rape, pillage and plunder... and mooch off of the social welfare system (health care in ERs whose bills they never pay, food stamps, low-income housing, social security --- yes, there are people who come to the U.S. who never put a dime into SS and collect a larger check than those who did --- etc.) to a higher degree than their "cheap labor" will ever inject into the economy. It's not just about jobs.

I am not saying that the illegals themselves aren't to blame. BUT as long as there are jobs across the border there will be people jumping across it. Its a multi-fold problem, if you build a fence people will dig under it or cut the barb-wire and hop over it. If you employ a small army to patrol the border well you have to find funding for it and you have to fund the arresting, arraignment, prosecution, deportation and imprisonment of these illegals (Most people who are caught hopping the border just get deported a very small percent are brought up on charges).

So either the new small army you hire to patrol the border just catches these illegals and deports most of them (Which solves nothing because they just try and try again) or you have to find a way to fit the thousands of illegals and their cases into our already crowded prison system and the cases into our justice system.

I think you have to try and cut down the demand of the illegals it would be more effective then going after the demand rather then the supply. If the jobs are in America they will find a way in. The reason the war on drugs fails is because rather then legalize pot (Which is no worse then alcohol which is legal and glorified) and educate on the highly addictive nature of harder drugs (Facts like Heroin had a 75% addiction rate and its a easier sell for kids to stay away from those kinds of drugs) we go after the supply failing to see that as long as the market is there people will find drugs.

I view illegal immigration in a similar process if there wasn't employment and it was harder to get in (Employing a lot more border patrol and electronic surveillance equipment) you would have less illegals coming into the country. Why risk going to America if you knew there wasn't work to be had?

I am not saying that the illegals themselves aren't to blame. BUT as long as there are jobs across the border there will be people jumping across it. Its a multi-fold problem, if you build a fence people will dig under it or cut the barb-wire and hop over it. If you employ a small army to patrol the border well you have to find funding for it and you have to fund the arresting, arraignment, prosecution, deportation and imprisonment of these illegals (Most people who are caught hopping the border just get deported a very small percent are brought up on charges).

So either the new small army you hire to patrol the border just catches these illegals and deports most of them (Which solves nothing because they just try and try again) or you have to find a way to fit the thousands of illegals and their cases into our already crowded prison system and the cases into our justice system.

I think you have to try and cut down the demand of the illegals it would be more effective then going after the demand rather then the supply. If the jobs are in America they will find a way in. The reason the war on drugs fails is because rather then legalize pot (Which is no worse then alcohol which is legal and glorified) and educate on the highly addictive nature of harder drugs (Facts like Heroin had a 75% addiction rate and its a easier sell for kids to stay away from those kinds of drugs) we go after the supply failing to see that as long as the market is there people will find drugs.

I view illegal immigration in a similar process if there wasn't employment and it was harder to get in (Employing a lot more border patrol and electronic surveillance equipment) you would have less illegals coming into the country. Why risk going to America if you knew there wasn't work to be had?

Many are not here to work. Women simply to have babies, drug dealers and other criminals, many that simply come here to take advantage of the social safety net while living with relatives. We shoud be atacking the problem on many fronts - fence, technology, more immigration officers, enforcing labor laws and through diplomacy. Neither party has shown the will to do much. Too bad we couldn't direct some of that stimulus money toward this problem.