Holder to challenge AZ immigration law

I haven't read the Bill but does this bill or any other law in Arizona do anything to go after those who hire illegal immigrants? It takes two parties to take a job away from an American. If the jobs for illegals dried up then the illegals would stop coming here, immigrants legal or illegal go were the jobs are.

I haven't read the Bill but does this bill or any other law in Arizona do anything to go after those who hire illegal immigrants? It takes two parties to take a job away from an American. If the jobs for illegals dried up then the illegals would stop coming here, immigrants legal or illegal go were the jobs are.

THe difference is you are not attorney General.

Here, now you are better informed than Holder-

Arizona SB 1070

I he has no advisers, and his advisers that he doesn't have have not read it either!

But, yeah, given the source, I trust this article to be accurate as much as I trust it to be fair and balanced.

Your stupidity knows no bounds. it was testimony at a House Judiciary Committee hearing.

1 A. An employer shall not knowingly employ an unauthorized alien. If,

12 in the case when an employer uses a contract, subcontract or other

13 independent contractor agreement to obtain the labor of an alien in this

14 state, the employer knowingly contracts with an unauthorized alien or with a

15 person who employs or contracts with an unauthorized alien to perform the

16 labor, the employer violates this subsection.

There you go.

Interesting. I still think this is much-ado about nothing. He said his team is reviewing it, and he said he's not made any decisions on anything yet.

You must trust CNN-

link

Washington (CNN) -- Attorney General Eric Holder said Sunday that the Justice Department was considering a federal lawsuit against Arizona's new immigration law.

So I Guess the Attorney General has better things to do then read a bill his Dept is considering challenging. Nice. But he has time to make public comments on it.

I bet he has no advisers, and his advisers that he doesn't have have not read it either!

But, yeah, given the source, I trust this article to be accurate as much as I trust it to be fair and balanced.

This coming from a guy who posts links from the Huffington Post. <_<

THe difference is you are not attorney General.

Here, now you are better informed than Holder-

Arizona SB 1070

In Holder's defense, he's probably a little busier than you or I when it comes to keeping caught up with state legislation.

Plus, he's not going to challenge the law. His office is. He only needs to be up to speed enough to direct the general policy w/r/t the challenge, which should take him about half an hour (only five minutes of which is reading the law).

Plus...he doesn't even need that much. I can think of two challenges off the top of my head that require no knowledge of the law (immigration law and national border security are both rights not vested to the states, so AZ's law is unconstitutional in superceding federal law - not saying those are true, just that they're valid challenges).

In Holder's defense, he's probably a little busier than you or I when it comes to keeping caught up with state legislation.

Bulllschitt. He wasn't too busy to make the rounds on the Sunday political shows to discuss his problems with the bill, and how he is looking into filing suits against it. It's 12 pages. He can read it while taking a freaking dump.

This is ridiculously embarrassing, and even the liberal partisan shills know this to be true.

Plus...he doesn't even need that much. I can think of two challenges off the top of my head that require no knowledge of the law (immigration law and national border security are both rights not vested to the states, so AZ's law is unconstitutional in superceding federal law - not saying those are true, just that they're valid challenges).

As someone qualified to the AG, he should know that the SC unanimously upheld a states ability to enact and enforce laws consistent with federal immigration law. He ought to be at least a little curious to see if this law, which has garnered so much national attention and WH directives for him to challenge it, falls under that ruling or not.

You are underestimating those who come to rape, pillage and plunder... and mooch off of the social welfare system (health care in ERs whose bills they never pay, food stamps, low-income housing, social security --- yes, there are people who come to the U.S. who never put a dime into SS and collect a larger check than those who did --- etc.) to a higher degree than their "cheap labor" will ever inject into the economy. It's not just about jobs.

Bulllschitt. He wasn't too busy to make the rounds on the Sunday political shows to discuss his problems with the bill, and how he is looking into filing suits against it. It's 12 pages. He can read it while taking a freaking dump.

This is ridiculously embarrassing, and even the liberal partisan shills know this to be true.

Didn't know he did that. Yeah, that's pretty stupid. "I'm going to hit the Sunday morning rounds and discuss how I'm against a bill I didn't read." <_< Hell, I don't even post about the law here without making sure I've read it first.

As someone qualified to the AG, he should know that the SC unanimously upheld a states ability to enact and enforce laws consistent with federal immigration law. He ought to be at least a little curious to see if this law, which has garnered so much national attention and WH directives for him to challenge it, falls under that ruling or not.

Regardless of that, there's still more than a few other principles it can be challenged on. First, fourth, and fifth amendments, for starters. Arguably the 14th, and civil rights legislation.

Again, not saying they'd be good challenges.

Regardless of that, there's still more than a few other principles it can be challenged on. First, fourth, and fifth amendments, for starters. Arguably the 14th, and civil rights legislation.

Again, not saying they'd be good challenges.

Agreed - there may or may not be an angle of attack depending on what it actually says.

But that's all the more reason for him to have been curious enough to personally read it.