Proof the Military Justice System Works Properly...

So what you're really saying is that those who make "more" money, should shoulder the load EVEN more than they already are. Riiiiiiiight!!! :thumbsup:

Nevermind the fact that over 50% of the public aren't paying income taxes, and that the top 5% are paying 61% of total income tax revenues, or even better yet, the 50% that ARE paying incomes taxes, account for over 97% of total income tax receipts. But I get it, this in your view is "MINE, MINE, MINE, Selfish Conservativism philosophy"

http://www.ntu.org/tax-basics/who-pays-income-taxes.html

Funny how facts can make people's statements look awfully foolish.

:nana:

What percentage of total income are the top 50% earning?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'm used to you picking on small stuff. :nana:

I'll stick with the MINE MINE MINE definition.

So your problem with "conservative" is that it's all about "MINE MINE MINE".

And yet your definition of "conservative" is that it's all about "MINE MINE MINE".

So really, it seems your problem is your own freakin' definition.

So stop your !@#$ing whining, asshat. You're your own problem. :thumbsup:

How about you provide the link and then explain/justify the point that you are trying to make.

I'm not telling you anything you don't know, but when you say the "bottom 50%", we're only talking about less than 13% of total income in the United States. We're talking about people who make less than $35K, from the number I've seen. So 87% of all income is taxed at a sliding rate. I don't have a problem with that, though you obviously do.

I'm not telling you anything you don't know, but when you say the "bottom 50%", we're only talking about less than 13% of total income in the United States. We're talking about people who make less than $35K, from the number I've seen. So 87% of all income is taxed at a sliding rate. I don't have a problem with that, though you obviously do.

You talk about people who make less than $35,000 like they're not rich. Did you know that people earning $35,000/year actually earn more money than 95.4% of the rest of the world? Those people are dripping in cash.

You talk about people who make less than $35,000 like they're not rich. Did you know that people earning $35,000/year actually earn more money than 95.4% of the rest of the world? Those people are dripping in cash.

I'm feeding off your notion that < $500K/year = dangerously close to the poverty line.

Hyperbole is fun! ME ME ME!!!

I'm feeding off your notion that < $500K/year = dangerously close to the poverty line.

Hyperbole is fun! ME ME ME!!!

So we understand; hyperbole may be fun to you, but rational dialogue is completely out of your grasp.

I'll ask you one more time: what is it about the conservative position that makes you believe it's selfish. Try to expand your brainpower beyond "It's all ME, ME, Me" and take the time to coherently explain what specifically makes it selfish.

Or not.

So we understand; hyperbole may be fun to you, but rational dialogue is completely out of your grasp.

I'll ask you one more time: what is it about the conservative position that makes you believe it's selfish. Try to expand your brainpower beyond "It's all ME, ME, Me" and take the time to coherently explain what specifically makes it selfish.

Or not.

I think what he's trying to say is:

That he doesn't agree that ONLY 52% of the public shouldn't pay income taxes and that it should be higher, maybe somewhere around 65%, AND that the top 5% of income earners should pay more than the 61% of the total income tax receipts collected, and that that number should also be higher, hmmm, lets say maybe around 75%, ounds like a good number, AND if you don't agree with that, then you are a "selfish conservative" who subscribes to the T.O philosophy of "ME, ME ME".

Nevermind that 15-20% of that 52% that don't pay income taxes never have any intention whatsoever of contributing to this society, and that they are perfectly happy leaching off of those that do work hard to make a living for themselves, but no, it's the conservatives that are "selfish", not the leaches of this country, who btw if they did vote, would largely vote Democrat. Yup, those guys aren't selfish at all.

:nana:

You know what cracks me up? Many of the people that are hooting and hollering about how the "rich" got this free "giveaway" under the Bush Tax cuts, are the same fools who are in that 52% category that don't pay taxes. :thumbsup: