When Is Enough (Schobel) Enough ???

Let me start off by saying i'm as big a fan of Aaron Schobel as you'll find any where, :lol: the guy has been one of the very few bright spots that this team has had in the last 9 + years , & by his performance last year he just proved he's got plenty left in the tank !! But that being said i thought i'd ask you other Bills fans , When is enough - enough ?? When does Nix have to finally tell him :rolleyes: or get off the pot so the coach can move in another direction which ever that may be ?? If he's not going to make a decision any time soon they have to start grooming some one else don't they ?? I've read that some thought that with what Nix was saying about the situation before the draft that he may know more than what he was putting out there ,but here it is post draft and still (like Uconn Cornelious always said after throwing his ice pick in the air & tasting the end for gold) NOTHIN :unsure: !!! I guess what i'm asking is do you think that Schobel should at least make his intentions known before manditory mini camp - or do you think some one up stairs should force his hand ?? I for one hope he comes back for a tenth year because we need all the great players we have (which he may be one of the only ones on the team that you could use that statement on )to make this season better than the last one . Your input will be greatly appreciated <_< !!! DONKERSHANE !!

Let me start off by saying i'm as big a fan of Aaron Schobel as you'll find any where, :lol: the guy has been one of the very few bright spots that this team has had in the last 9 + years , & by his performance last year he just proved he's got plenty left in the tank !! But that being said i thought i'd ask you other Bills fans , When is enough - enough ?? When does Nix have to finally tell him :rolleyes: or get off the pot so the coach can move in another direction which ever that may be ?? If he's not going to make a decision any time soon they have to start grooming some one else don't they ?? I've read that some thought that with what Nix was saying about the situation before the draft that he may know more than what he was putting out there ,but here it is post draft and still (like Uconn Cornelious always said after throwing his ice pick in the air & tasting the end for gold) NOTHIN :unsure: !!! I guess what i'm asking is do you think that Schobel should at least make his intentions known before manditory mini camp - or do you think some one up stairs should force his hand ?? I for one hope he comes back for a tenth year because we need all the great players we have (which he may be one of the only ones on the team that you could use that statement on )to make this season better than the last one . Your input will be greatly appreciated <_< !!! DONKERSHANE !!

The problem is that we have no clue what AS has (or hasn't) told the team, nor do we know what the team has told him. I never really understood the Bills' approach to PR at times, so the fact that they haven't announced anything doesn't mean a lot. They could be waiting for Mandatory OTAs or something.

Let me start off by saying i'm as big a fan of Aaron Schobel as you'll find any where, <_<

Your input will be greatly appreciated :rolleyes: !!!

Dunno - but perhaps, some of the older vets around the league are having thoughts about what an uncapped year will be like whether its' better for them economically, to let themselves get cut, the possibility of a lock-out and the like. Lotsa unknowns...

I do know that some up-and-coming players got it in the neck with the changes in FA status, the years before unrestricted FA and so on. I remember an article on one of the big tv sites chatting about that - IIRC one of them listing the ones affected mentioned DEN's DE Eric Dumervil.

2 cents.

Edited by stuckincincy

The problem is that we have no clue what AS has (or hasn't) told the team, nor do we know what the team has told him. I never really understood the Bills' approach to PR at times, so the fact that they haven't announced anything doesn't mean a lot. They could be waiting for Mandatory OTAs or something.

i like schobel as much as anybody, but my own impression of him is that he never really embraced being a BUFFALO BILL. hard to explain, but i always thought he showed up, did his job, then left. that is fine, but he seemed detached, could care less as long as he got his sacks, stats looked good. i am probably all wrong about this, and will accept my punishment, but its a gut feeling about him. would i like to see him back, SURE, but i am a bills die-hard, who will accept anything , as long as it makes the bills better.