PETERS OVER FINA ?? COME ON !!

I have been doing my daily reading up on the Bills jumping from this site to that site & while on one of those sites saw something i could not believe !!! In a pole of which best tackle of the decade the Bills fans (if you can call them that) chose

Jason :rolleyes: Peters over John Fina <_< ?? Peters can't hold Fina's jock strap when it comes all around team player and wasn't he our tackle on the Super Bowl teams ?? Man if any of you all voted for Peters you need some serious evaluation & quick !!! But it could be that they were all votes from fairly new Bills fans that never saw Fina play or the ones that did vote were to drunk to notice that's the only thing i can figure because any true Bills fan knows that just by Fina being on the team the Bills were when he was playing way out shadows any thing Peters has or will do in his career !!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been doing my daily reading up on the Bills jumping from this site to that site & while on one of those sites saw something i could not believe !!! In a pole of which best tackle of the decade the Bills fans (if you can call them that) chose

Jason :rolleyes: Peters over John Fina :unsure: ?? Peters can't hold Fina's jock strap when it comes all around team player and wasn't he our tackle on the Super Bowl teams ?? Man if any of you all voted for Peters you need some serious evaluation & quick !!! But it could be that they were all votes from fairly new Bills fans that never saw Fina play or the ones that did vote were to drunk to notice that's the only thing i can figure because any true Bills fan knows that just by Fina being on the team the Bills were when he was playing way out shadows any thing Peters has or will do in his career !!

<_<

Jason :rolleyes: Peters over John Fina <_< ?? Peters can't hold Fina's jock strap when it comes all around team player and wasn't he our tackle on the Super Bowl teams ?? Man if any of you all voted for Peters you need some serious evaluation & quick !!! But it could be that they were all votes from fairly new Bills fans that never saw Fina play or the ones that did vote were to drunk to notice that's the only thing i can figure because any true Bills fan knows that just by Fina being on the team the Bills were when he was playing way out shadows any thing Peters has or will do in his career !!

I don't trust poles.

well considering they played in two different decades.........how would you be able to vote Fina best tackle of this decade when he only played two seasons and if I remember correctly he was hurt a lot those last two years.

Peters over Fina? Only every time without exception or likelihood of being contradicted.

Fina was the weakest link in those terrific Bills lines. He was average or a bit above average. It's not a mistake that he never made all-pro. He was on infinitely better teams, but he himself wasn't half the player Peters is.

When you go to pro-football-reference.com, one of the best sites around for football history and stats, they list these guys as players whose career was of similar quality and shape to Fina's:

Ray Wietecha, Marco Rivera, Gregg Rakoczy, Uche Nwaneri, Tony Mandarich, George Kennard, Mike Evans, Roger Davis, Jeff Criswell, Art Anderson

4 Ray Mansfield, Glenn Bujnoch, Robert Gallery, Shar Pourdanesh, Scott Gragg, Vernon Carey, Barrett Brooks, Ken Panfil, Keith Kartz, Buddy Brown

5 Marco Rivera, Ray Mansfield, Robert Gallery, Barrett Brooks, Keith Kartz, Barret Robbins, Benji Olson, Charles Goodrum, Howard Fest, Glenn Bujnoch

6 Ray Mansfield, Morris Towns, Jeff Uhlenhake, Kendall Simmons, Keith Kartz, Billy Ard, Tom Condon, Charles Goodrum, Greg Larson, David Alexander

7 Benji Olson, Mark Bortz, Jim Sweeney, David Alexander, Tim Ruddy, Jim Dombrowski, Todd Wade, Antone Davis, Monte Clark, Ken Lanier

8 Tim Ruddy, George Preas, Mark Bortz, John Jackson, Monte Clark, Chester Pitts, Barry Sims, Sam Adams, Jeff Criswell, Glen Ray Hines

9 George Preas, Tim Ruddy, Monte Clark, John Jackson, Barry Sims, Mark Bortz, Glen Ray Hines, Jim Dombrowski, Matt Herkenhoff, Sam Adams

10 Tim Ruddy, Brad Meester, Jim Dombrowski, Mark Bortz, Barry Sims, Monte Clark, Guy Morriss, Jim Sweeney, Tim Grunhard, Jeff Backus

11 Tim Ruddy, Brad Meester, Robbie Tobeck, Jim Dombrowski, Bob Fry, Jeff Backus, Joe Devlin, Matt Herkenhoff, Joe Walter, Sam Adams

Career Tim Ruddy, Brad Meester, Jim Dombrowski, Broderick Thompson, Jeff Backus, Matt Herkenhoff, Sam Adams, Irv Eatman, Bob Fry, Zefross Moss

Yup. That's about right. As far as who was a better person and a more likeable guy, I'd take Fina every time. But who do I want playing LT on my team? It's not even close. Peters, every time.

did you ever even watch Fina play? the guy was not very good and was playing out of position his entire career

Fina was drafted to replace one of the guard positions but when they Bills got screwed on the Wil Wilford deal with Indy they were forced to move Fina to tackle where he was simply overmatched

I think Fina could have been a pretty good guard but was just not a good tackle

Although Fina was only the starter for one of the four Super Bowl teams (1993, he was a backup in 1992 his rookie season), I would take him over Jason Peters for several reasons. Fina wasn't an All Pro, but he was a steady starter for 9 straight seasons in Buffalo, a team that made the playoffs the majority of the seasons he was there. He was never a cancer in the locker room, a penalty making machine like Peters, he was never grossly overrated like Peters, he didn't whine for a new contract every other year here. They may have been comparably close in actual on field ability, but football is a team game, more so than any other sport, and Fina was a team player, one thing that even the biggest Jason Peters supporters cannot claim about him without looking like the world's biggest moron.

Although Fina was only the starter for one of the four Super Bowl teams (1993, he was a backup in 1992 his rookie season), I would take him over Jason Peters for several reasons. Fina wasn't an All Pro, but he was a steady starter for 9 straight seasons in Buffalo, a team that made the playoffs the majority of the seasons he was there. He was never a cancer in the locker room, a penalty making machine like Peters, he was never grossly overrated like Peters, he didn't whine for a new contract every other year here. They may have been comparably close in actual on field ability, but football is a team game, more so than any other sport, and Fina was a team player, one thing that even the biggest Jason Peters supporters cannot claim about him without looking like the world's biggest moron.

But Peters was much much better, bottom line, no matter how much people here hate him.

thank you i hope the others read your reply as well .This is exactly what i was talking about !!!!

Peters was immensely better than Fina. There isn't a team in the league which would have given up a first round pick for Fina and then secure his services with a very lucrative and long term contract as the Eagles did with Peters.

The departure of Peters severly damaged the OL on this team. The losing Bills didn't want to pay him at the LT rate he deserved. The winning Eagles were more than happy to make the deal. The Bills are ranked near the bottom of the NFL heap because of the chicken poop manner in which they operate. The Eagles are consistently ranked near the top of the NFL heap because they run a professional operation.

I apologize to the board if I am wrong on this but.....

Wasn't Howard Ballard and Will Wolford our starting Tackles during the Super Bowl years?

John Fina was a pretty good player.....but had a problem with injuries early and never quite got away from that

Will Wolford was a terrific LT. Howard Ballard played on the right side. Would I take Wolford over Peters? Probably.

Peters was immensely better than Fina. There isn't a team in the league which would have given up a first round pick for Fina and then secure his services with a very lucrative and long term contract as the Eagles did with Peters.

The departure of Peters severly damaged the OL on this team. The losing Bills didn't want to pay him at the LT rate he deserved. The winning Eagles were more than happy to make the deal. The Bills are ranked near the bottom of the NFL heap because of the chicken poop manner in which they operate. The Eagles are consistently ranked near the top of the NFL heap because they run a professional operation.

the problem wasnt trading Peters, it was not drafting his replacement...why cant people understand that

I will say this about Peters.....guy is probably the most talented Tackle in football but he's also about the dumbest and laziest. IMO he's not even a top ten LT......I'd take all these guys ahead of him when healthy.

1. McNeil

2. Gross

3. Clady

4. Oher

5. Gaither

6. Roos

7. Jake Long

8. D. Furgeson

9. M. Light

10. J. Thomas