The lockout is coming, The lockout is coming!

major

The 2011 draft will happen because it's part of the CURRENT CBA. Why continue to argue about it?

Read all about it: http://www.docstoc.com/docs/20343876/NFL-C...ment-2006-2012/

Notwithstanding this, however, I can see college players eligible for a 2011 draft challenging it under the antitrust laws. I mean as of April 2011, there is no effective CBA. Why should the players' union be able to permit the draft and essentially give the owners an antitrust exemption when the CBA that provides for that right has expired? I mean if I am a top college player, I'd like every team to bid for my services--let the big money team's outbid the weak teams. Why should an expired CBA restrict me, and a draft without a CBA is plainly illegal. I suspect if the NFL tries to hold a draft with no valid CBA, there will be litigation up the wazoo. Give me a top QB in 2011 as a client, and I'd take it on a contigency basis against the NFL.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Players are exploited more in the NFL then any other sport. Take a look at Earl Campbell or Merrill Hoge or just about any other ex NFL player and see how broken down their bodies are. The career expectancy of an NFL player is 3.3 seasons! Few contracts are guaranteed and there is always a younger, hungrier player waiting to take your position from you. The NFL really needs to get it together and start taking care the warriors that made the league

That's crap. No one forces a guy to play in the NFL. So take a job a Walmart and save your body. Oh What? Walmart doesn't pay out millions of $$$$$$$$$

Awww c'mon. Aren't you looking forward to a Super Bowl matchup between JP Losman and Jamarcus Russell?

The thought of this team re-signing JP Losman as a replacement player and then having him lead us to a strike-year Super Bowl victory makes my brain feel weird.