Free Agent , Draft Picks , or Patience that is the Question ??

With all this trade talk about Gaither & the possibility of him being lazy ,injury prone & possibly disruptive in the locker room, wouldn't it be in the Bills best interest to sign a free agent instead of wasting future draft picks on some one with the possibility of all that baggage ? Or do you think Nix will just draw from his experience and play the waiting game ?? I know there has been a lot of talk out there on the subject & they'll be a reply like (Hey hasn't this already been put out there before :sick: ???) But isn't that the way the media keeps stories going is by putting a different twist on things ?? So go ahead Bills Nation trash me I'm ready !!

The choice between Gaither, a free agent tackle, or making no acquisition, has nothing to do with patience. The UFA offensive tackle pool consists of scrubs and 35 year old wash-ups at the end of their career. Those types of players do nothing to assist a team rebuilding. On the other hand, Gaither is one of the best tackles in the NFL and is only 24 years old. As far as the waiting game and the media, I can't understand what you are trying to say.

Basically, the Ravens have 2 quality left tackles. One has attitude issues, and if they don't trade him and get something for him, they'll lose him for nothing next year. So, they either give him to the highest bidder, or they have 2 potential pro-bowl tackles this year and lose one for nothing next. The Bills know the Ravens need to unload Gaither this year. The Bills, though, are playing chicken. They wont give up their 1st next year because they'll probably need to grab a QB with it. They're thinking they've either got the best offer on the table and the Ravens will eventually have to take it, or, they have established what they believe to be fair value for Gaither and wont budge on giving up more - probably even both.

I think the Bills should look into the tackle from New Orleans - and they probably are, too. Something to make the Ravens think they've got to move. Seeing who comes out on top of this will be interesting, as the Ravens G.M. is considered one of the best.