Weird Pre-draft Queries

Link

What could one possibly understand about a player by asking him which kitchen appliance he would want to be most??

Can we get some psychologist input ova ere? I understand teams have about 15 mins to get to know a player real well. But really? What could they possibly understand about a player?

Link

What could one possibly understand about a player by asking him which kitchen appliance he would want to be most??

Can we get some psychologist input ova ere?

And people rank on the media for asking; "If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?" :thumbsup:

Link

Can we get some psychologist input ova ere? I understand teams have about 15 mins to get to know a player real well. But really? What could they possibly understand about a player?

i'm not a shrink, but if a guy says fridge, he may want food too often and too quick, where as if he says if he says stove, there is an appreciation for the process. Anyone that says microwave may just be lazy.

i'm not a shrink, but if a guy says fridge, he may want food too often and too quick, where as if he says if he says stove, there is an appreciation for the process. Anyone that says microwave may just be lazy.

Well Troup answered fridge...and his reasoning is that like a big NT in a defense...every kitchen needs one...what does one make of that??

Yes, these questions are kind of stupid, but I think they're also fine. This is better than saying something like "talk about something else; tell me what kind of person you are" in the 15 minutes you have to chat with a prospect.

Bills rookie linebacker Arthur Moats recalled an unexpected query at the NFL Scouting Combine.

"It was a guy from the Redskins," Moats said. "He asked me, "Should we draft you and you're sitting around in a room and Brian Orakpo comes to you and says, "You're in my seat.' Are you going to get up and move or are you going to fight him for the chair?'

"I'm like, "It's a chair. I'm just going to slide over,' and he said, "So you're a punk.' I'm thinking, "What? I'm going to fight over a chair? And if I move I'm a punk?' The guy was serious, too."

I really like this answer from Moats, and feel like I learned something about him. He's grounded, and not some jacked up hothead. He's not answering questions with what he thinks the asker wants to hear. His first instinct is to be a good teammate, not prove he's the strongest and winner in every interaction.

Well Troup answered fridge...and his reasoning is that like a big NT in a defense...every kitchen needs one...what does one make of that??

He's cold and difficult to move out of the way.

Surprisingly Maybin answered blender to the same question LY.