Obama to name Kagan for high court

How is she any different than Harriet Myers?

In addition to her competency, even though her views on all issues aren't known, the left won't throw her overboard and reject her nomination like the right did with Myers because she wasn't considered conservative enough for them.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a fair question that deserves an answer.

Why? He hasn't answered my question 5x. Thomas was a ****ty choice because for the land's highest judicial office, you should have the best legal minds. He wasn't one. But Thomas should still get the job because the president gets to pick, except if the pick is a total buttnugget.

The politicizing of federal court nominations is screwing up the federal courts. Forget the Supremes--you all know about them. It's damn near impossible to get judges through to the federal benches because each party blocks the presidential appointments except all but a few middle-of-the-road people. And that leaves the federal benches understaffed and worse, under-qualifiedly understaffed.

But asshats in Congress keep !@#$ing each other's nominees in a childish game while we as the citizens get weaker and weaker courts as a result.

Why?

The electorate should bear the responsibility of voting people out if they are elected officials. And if you have a good person in office, they should be allowed to keep voting them in.

That said, I go to great lengths to encourage everyone to vote for NO incumbents, especially at the federal level.

Regarding judicial terms, I don't really care one way or the other. I like that at the highest levels, lack of term limits discourages judges from being politicized once in office. It's the beauty of the Constitutional design for the SC judges.

The electorate should bear the responsibility of voting people out if they are elected officials. And if you have a good person in office, they should be allowed to keep voting them in.

That said, I go to great lengths to encourage everyone to vote for NO incumbents, especially at the federal level.

Regarding judicial terms, I don't really care one way or the other. I like that at the highest levels, lack of term limits discourages judges from being politicized once in office. It's the beauty of the Constitutional design for the SC judges.

Interesting. I remember during last summer's town hallapalooza, a voter asked Arlen Specter why congressfolks don't have term limits. His response, which was hard to argue with was, "We do have term limits. All you need to do is vote us out."

Interestingly, Specter is about to learn next Tuesday if he gets the Dem nod to run in November over Sestak, who pulled ahead of Specter this month in Rasmussen polls, 47/42.

Only it doesn't. They're still activists. And this...er...woman will be even MORE of an activist due to her proclivities. She's so damned young, she'll be there forever. BAD idea.

Only it doesn't. They're still activists. And this...er...woman will be even MORE of an activist due to her proclivities. She's so damned young, she'll be there forever. BAD idea.

What's with your issue with her being a woman?

Everyone someone doesn't like on the bench is labeled "activist." Inviting the biases and decay of electoral politics into the courts is a bad idea, as the founders thankfully recognized. It's bad enough the the process is as politicized as it is.

And who cares that she's a she? Why do you keep bringing that up?

If you have a problem with the federal judicial system, take it up with the Constitutional Convention of 1787.

Interesting. I remember during last summer's town hallapalooza, a voter asked Arlen Specter why congressfolks don't have term limits. His response, which was hard to argue with was, "We do have term limits. All you need to do is vote us out."

Interestingly, Specter is about to learn next Tuesday if he gets the Dem nod to run in November over Sestak, who pulled ahead of Specter this month in Rasmussen polls, 47/42.

I don't ever vote for him but Arlen is a decent guy for a lifetime politician. He has the locker near mine at my gym and he's always upbeat and affable. He's got a guy who follows him around the gym with his phone--even in the lockerroom!

Arlen's workout regimen as I see it is lots of squash. Rendell also works out at my gym. He's lost a ton of lbs. and his regimen is mostly treadmill, though that big bastard looks like he could bench a house.

What's with your issue with her being a woman?

My issue with her being a woman is the fact that she's a woman who likes women. Last thing I want is a pro-homosexual and pro-abortion agenda vote on the SC for the next 20+ years. I know it's not the most popular stance, but I believe it's the right one.

My issue with her being a woman is the fact that she's a woman who likes women. Last thing I want is a pro-homosexual and pro-abortion agenda vote on the SC for the next 20+ years.

HahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahaha

hahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahah

ahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHaha

hahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaH

ahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahaha

haHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahah

ahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahaha

hahahahaHahahahahahaha

Oh boy.

Like I said, not the most popular stance, but I, like anyone else would like to see people of a like mind on the Supreme Court. Not unlike Mr. Adams, I might add. I'm sure he'd be in a twist of an anti-gay and anti-abortion justice.

My issue with her being a woman is the fact that she's a woman who likes women. Last thing I want is a pro-homosexual and pro-abortion agenda vote on the SC for the next 20+ years. I know it's not the most popular stance, but I believe it's the right one.

Look at the bright side. As men become legally required to sleep with men, the pro-homosexual agenda is likely to result in fewer abortions.

HahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahaha

hahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahaha

h

ahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHah

a

hahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahaha

H

ahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahah

a

haHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahaha

h

ahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahah

a

hahahahaHahahahahahaha

Better be mocked for belief than to be not mocked and a spineless weasel. So, laugh away.

Better be mocked for belief than to be not mocked and a spineless weasel. So, laugh away.

Presuming the belief is in any way sensible.

I mean, really...what do you think is going to happen if she's approved to the Supreme Court? The Constitution is subordinated to the GLAAD mission statement?

Thankfully your unfortunate type will be dead soon.

I see no evidence of a pro-lesbian anti-abortion agenda. At best, I see evidence of an opinion on one of the issues (The stupid DADT policy) as it related to Harvard Law School.

Alito and Roberts (not to mention Scalia and Thomas) are probably pro-choice. Guess what: I don't care. If they were zealots on the issue, I would care. If they just have a personal opinion, I don't.

Presuming the belief is in any way sensible.

I mean, really...what do you think is going to happen if she's approved to the Supreme Court? The Constitution is subordinated to the GLAAD mission statement?

Their first step is the Supreme Court. Then gay marriage. Than dog marriage. Then Manbla. You know how it goes.

Their first step is the Supreme Court. Then gay marriage. Than dog marriage. Then Manbla. You know how it goes.

Tax breaks for Cher impersonators...mandatory pleather nightclubs in every neighborhood...dogs and cats, living together...mass hysteria!