(OT) Class Reunion

gantrules

I'm coming up on my 10 year reunion and haven't heard anything about it....I have enough contacts from my class to start it up myself and get it planned for the summer of 2005.

My dilemma is that I was not a class offical. Would it be wrong for me to try and get something started without contacting them first?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can contact them, then do it and offer your services for the planning. My 10 yr I never recieved an invite to. The planners sent out as many invites as they could until they ran out of postage money, and that was it. I could have gone because I knew where/when it was from friends, but didn't bother because it sounded lame. Just dinner and drinks at a bar.

what's funny is, my brother just graduated from high school in may 2004 and his nutty classmates JUST had a high school reunion in NYC over thanksgiving...silly international school students

"so...what've you been up to the last few months since we graduated?"

what's funny is, my brother just graduated from high school in may 2004 and his nutty classmates JUST had a high school reunion in NYC over thanksgiving...silly international school students

"so...what've you been up to the last few months since we graduated?"

139466[/snapback]

Some people I graduated with back in 2001 did the same thing at the next home coming game after we graduated. :lol:

call your high school and ask them if there is a comittee for your class, they should have all the info. be careful taking on that responsibility, it is a BIG task!

I'm coming up on my 10 year reunion and haven't heard anything about it....I have enough contacts from my class to start it up myself and get it planned for the summer of 2005.

My dilemma is that I was not a class offical. Would it be wrong for me to try and get something started without contacting them first?

139446[/snapback]

Just dinner and drinks at a bar.

139456[/snapback]

Oh, don't let that stop you next time. I happened to be in town at the same time as a class reunion once, and went to the unofficial get-together at a bar (dinner was the next evening). I didn't know too many people, and not many knew me - I only attended the school for my last two years - and only part time, while working a full time job. But it was still hilarious. I met a few old friends, made some new ones, got drunk and laughed a lot. It's the funniest thing to see people years later and how much they changed or stayed exactly the same.

thats what they told you jack! "oh, er sorry, we ran out of postage!" "...Hee hee, I told him we ran out of postage and he believed us!..." :lol:

If you can contact them, then do it and offer your services for the planning. My 10 yr I never recieved an invite to. The planners sent out as many invites as they could until they ran out of postage money, and that was it. I could have gone because I knew where/when it was from friends, but didn't bother because it sounded lame. Just dinner and drinks at a bar.

139456[/snapback]

I think it would be fun.

I wouldn't mind seeing everyone and what they are up to. I think if you believe it's a "look at me" contest then you shouldn't go anyways.

My grandmother is still involved with her class. They meet every month and have breakfast together. She's 76 and is very tight with those folks.

Is that based on your previous experience with the 10 year Kindergarten reunion?

139524[/snapback]

Jackass, you claimed someone was waaay off when they said you were 45. So, to me, you are all of 35? ? ?

Anyway, I am 8 years removed from HS. My 10 year will be here in 2 years.

Sorry to dissapoint.

Jackass, you claimed someone was waaay off when they said you were 45. So, to me, you are all of 35? ? ?

Anyway, I am 8 years removed from HS. My 10 year will be here in 2 years.

Sorry to dissapoint.

139528[/snapback]

How does that "dissapoint"? Since it proves my point that you've never had a 10 year reunion?

Next time I'll try and type slower, so you'll understand.