Where do rookies stay during mini-camps?

We have quite a few rookies in town for mini-camp. Unlike training camp where there are dorms, I was wondering what the Bills do for players? I assume a hotel. Any idea which one? Are the players stuck in some boring part of town?

PTR

Are the players stuck in some boring part of town?

I hope they are in Kenmore. When I was a kid growing up in N. Bflo, they treated us like filth if we dared cross into the territory. The NFT bus company made you pay an extra 5 cents in and out, too.

:thumbsup:

what the hell did you say here? I cant make any sense of it at all.

what the hell did you say here? I cant make any sense of it at all.

Pretty self-explanatory.

When he was a kid growing up in North Buffalo, the people of Kenmore treated he and his friends like filth if they entered into Kenmore, being from North Buffalo.

The bus company would charge him an extra five cents to cross into Kenmore from North Buffalo...and another five cents on the way back.

Makes sense to me. :beer:

We have quite a few rookies in town for mini-camp. Unlike training camp where there are dorms, I was wondering what the Bills do for players? I assume a hotel. Any idea which one? Are the players stuck in some boring part of town?

PTR

Cots in the Fieldhouse.

Pretty self-explanatory.

When he was a kid growing up in North Buffalo, the people of Kenmore treated he and his friends like filth if they entered into Kenmore, being from North Buffalo.

The bus company would charge him an extra five cents to cross into Kenmore from North Buffalo...and another five cents on the way back.

That is what I got too. I should mention I have never even been to Buffalo.

Pretty self-explanatory.

Kenmore used to be a really nice place. It was Buffalo's first suburb. But the urban blight reached it eventually. It's still okay, but not what it was.

PTR

I worked for an apartment complex on Big Tree Road behind stadium and on Armor Duells. A lot of them stayed there. The managers couldn't stand bending over backwards for them.

What did the players expect them to do? Wash their cars?

PTR

Kenmore used to be a really nice place. It was Buffalo's first suburb. But the urban blight reached it eventually. It's still okay, but not what it was.

PTR

There use to be orchards there. There was a house on the Buffalo side of Kenmore Ave., just east of the old Red Stamp redemption building and Jul's bakery. It was a farmhouse from that time.

What did the players expect them to do? Wash their cars?

PTR

It didn't bother me because it was fun to talk to Bills players and coaches. But management had to take care of EVERYTHING. Normally for the common folk it was 'Here's your keys see you in 12 months'. But for the players everything needed to be taken care of, things like furniture and cable...and this was usually for 30 days at most. Plus as we all know NFL players aren't angels so cops were called a lot which was obivously a disturbance for full time tenants. I remember in once instance a certain player was actually growing a marijuana plant OUTSIDE.

One person that stands out as being very cool was Jim McNally. He moved in a few days after we got him from the Giants. I remember bringing his bags to his apartment and they had the Giants logo all over them. He gave us a $40 dollar tip for a few bags. Then over the spring we'd see him at the bar down the street and he'd buy us drinks and wings and shoot the shiz with us. Awesome guy.

One person that stands out as being very cool was Jim McNally. He moved in a few days after we got him from the Giants. I remember bringing his bags to his apartment and they had the Giants logo all over them. He gave us a $40 dollar tip for a few bags. Then over the spring we'd see him at the bar down the street and he'd buy us drinks and wings and shoot the shiz with us. Awesome guy.

That's nice to hear. He had a good rep in his many years as OL coach in Cincinnati.

It didn't bother me because it was fun to talk to Bills players and coaches. But management had to take care of EVERYTHING. Normally for the common folk it was 'Here's your keys see you in 12 months'. But for the players everything needed to be taken care of, things like furniture and cable...and this was usually for 30 days at most. Plus as we all know NFL players aren't angels so cops were called a lot which was obivously a disturbance for full time tenants. I remember in once instance a certain player was actually growing a marijuana plant OUTSIDE.

That's nice to hear. He had a good rep in is many years as OL coach in Cincinnati.

I had a beer with him at a pre-I-Bow party in Toronto for the UB Bulls. Agree he was a class act.

PTR

My father knows McNally pretty well, He's a Kenmore West alumni and my father is the Kenmore West football coach. He used to come around every once in a while and talk to the kids and help them out during camps as well. Last year he was at the 50th anniversary of the East-West game and I saw him strolling around in his old Ken-West jersey. Good guy.

PTR

They stay right next to the Galeria. Spiller was at the Cheesecake factory the other night.

http://www.millenniumhotels.com/millenniumbuffalo/