NFL Execs expect Gathier trade

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a legit LT. Like many of you, I've been screaming for one. But you won't find me jumping for joy at this one. Gaither is a talented LT with a questionable work ethic. Just like Jason Peters. He's gonna come here, play well and then sit out unless he gets a max contract. It's deja vu for us. I don't like it.

When Peters first sat for a new deal he was coming off of a legit pro bowl season where everyone in the league saw him as the best LT besides the now-retired Seahawk. He had unreal talent, potential and upside. We had the leverage with three years left on his deal but bottom line, we never gave him the money he wanted. Why would we do it now with Gaither?

We need a legit LT. Like many of you, I've been screaming for one. But you won't find me jumping for joy at this one. Gaither is a talented LT with a questionable work ethic. Just like Jason Peters. He's gonna come here, play well and then sit out unless he gets a max contract. It's deja vu for us. I don't like it.

When Peters first sat for a new deal he was coming off of a legit pro bowl season where everyone in the league saw him as the best LT besides the now-retired Seahawk. He had unreal talent, potential and upside. We had the leverage with three years left on his deal but bottom line, we never gave him the money he wanted. Why would we do it now with Gaither?

Lessons learned, perhaps? No way do they trade a 2 plus for him (likely to be his going rate) without a new extension in place.....

maybe to avoid losing seasons for the foreseeable future and actually compete with good teams that would pay him. maybe to show that things really are different now.

Shefter is the same guy who said the Bills were HEARTBROKEN that Denver traded up ahead of us and took

Tebow. This guy puts out more gossip than Dear Abby.

He's also hit the nail on the head with a lot of stuff. IIRC, he was way ahead of the curve on the Bills Dwan Edwards signing.

My thoughts on this are clear I have posted about it enough However I do think it all comes down to not giving up too much. Anything more then a second and a late round pick and it isn't really worth it. Also they need to extend him before they aquire him. Don't expect anything to go down soon.

Shefter is the same guy who said the Bills were HEARTBROKEN that Denver traded up ahead of us and took

Wrong. Schefter has been bang on with everything he reports expect for this year's draft stuff. There may very well have been some truth to what he reported, we'll never know. The draft is ALL smoke screen and mirrors. But Schefter is almost never wrong on regular NFL stuff. I believe what he's reporting.

Wrong. Schefter has been bang on with everything he reports expect for this year's draft stuff. There may very well have been some truth to what he reported, we'll never know. The draft is ALL smoke screen and mirrors. But Schefter is almost never wrong on regular NFL stuff. I believe what he's reporting.

Well we do know that the Tebow claim was blatantly wrong, as Buddy said they never had him in their plans and weren't trying to get him anyway, even if he was there at #41.

During the whole Cowher mess, I was a Schefter doubter. He's proven me wrong since then. I think he's legit. And this time, I hope he's legit!

Well we do know that the Tebow claim was blatantly wrong, as Buddy said they never had him in their plans and weren't trying to get him anyway, even if he was there at #41.

Doesn't make it true. If he did indeed wanted Tebow, he's just saying this to save face. No GM is ever going to admit reports about being "devastated" and "crestfallen" about not getting a player are true.

Where would Gaither rate in this draft class of OT's?

Just curious on what everyone thinks about that......

Def 1st round, and considering he's ready to start, a 2nd for him is a great deal, IMO

Doesn't make it true. If he did indeed want Tebow, he's just saying this to save face. No GM is ever going to admit reports about being "devastated" and "crestfallen" about not getting a player are true.

Buddy has been straight up about everything he has said. Hell, even Gailey telegraphed the Spiller pick. The regime we have in charge is no nonsense and Buddy says it how it is.

I'm a little concerned that BAL decided to move him over to RT for early workouts. If they don't like his attitude, they wouldn't make such a blatant move and expect another team to fork over a 2nd rounder. They'd leave him at LOT.

Also, he's going to demand a large contract extension, as he'll be heading into the 4th and final year of his rookie contract. I can see him getting 7+M per over 4 or more seasons.

getting oher ready is their priority

If this happens i consider this one of the best offseasons we have had in a little while!!!!!

If that happens I would consider it maybe the first good move the new FO has made, after ignoring name coaches, good free agents and messing up the draft.

There has to be a contract in place though. We can't give up picks for this guy for him to walk away at season's end. They better have an agreement before they finalize a deal for him.

How do you know they weren't? Just because they said they didn't pursue trading up for him? What would you expect them to say after not drafting him?