Mosque coming to Ground Zero

The really wonderful thing about nonsense like that is that it basically confirms everything Osama bin Laden's ever said about the United States. :wallbash:

What are you talking about DC? Didn't you read Krauthammer from the same paper? He said saying there is Islamaphobia is a 'liberal tactic'....

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rkfasts quote:

"out of respect for history and the struggle which made it happen, it might be a the right thing to reconsider the timing and location of event coming up."

Right...so you're condemning them for suggesting he shouldn't "hijack" MLK?

I don't get your desire to be intentionally stupid. It's a really strange phenomenon.

I find that I have to lower myself to your level to get anything through to you. I marvel at the fact that you're that stupid unintentionally.

I find that I have to lower myself to your level to get anything through to you. I marvel at the fact that you're that stupid unintentionally]

Thanks for the signature line.

I find that I have to lower myself to your level to get anything through to you. I marvel at the fact that you're that stupid unintentionally.

That high cloud you are on is imaginary (possibly substance induced). That you think highly of yourself is obvious. That you frequently and consistently are wrong on various subjects is also obvious.

Edited by conner

That high cloud you are on is imaginary (possibly substance induced). That you think highly of yourself is obvious. That you frequently and consistently are wrong on various subjects is also obvious.

Answer the question: are you condemning an opinion that you agree with, or merely condemning the expression of that opinion?

What are you talking about DC? Didn't you read Krauthammer from the same paper? He said saying there is Islamaphobia is a 'liberal tactic'....

Accusations of bigotry and racism is the cornerstone of the liberal counterattack. The charges of Islamaphobia from the wacky left fits the description to the tee.

Any reasonable thinking person can see this.

Accusations of bigotry and racism is the cornerstone of the liberal counterattack. The charges of Islamaphobia from the wacky left fits the description to the tee.

Any reasonable thinking person can see this.

I'm not arguing that it is definitely been used with questionable effectiveness by the liberal party but the startling amount of disdain that America seems to be fostering for Muslims (as seen by this occurance in Tennessee) has to spell out that Islamaphobia is becoming a real problem.

I'm not arguing that it is definitely been used with questionable effectiveness by the liberal party but the startling amount of disdain that America seems to be fostering for Muslims (as seen by this occurance in Tennessee) has to spell out that Islamaphobia is becoming a real problem.

Three words: Dubai Ports World. This is hardly a new development. And it's ironic that both Clinton and Obama were at the forefront of that particular example of Islamophobia.

(And DPW was run by Europeans. :wallbash: )

I don't know that this "islamophobia" (or muslimphobia to Adam) is some new phenomenon. I don't think Americans necessarily have a problem with muslims per se, I just don't think Americans have ever really been all that keen on Islam.

I don't know that this "islamophobia" (or muslimphobia to Adam) is some new phenomenon. I don't think Americans necessarily have a problem with muslims per se, I just don't think Americans have ever really been all that keen on Islam.

Which has more to do with the ignorance of the populace than anything tangible. But whatever.

Which has more to do with the ignorance of the populace than anything tangible. But whatever.

Personally, I'd qualify "ignorance" with "wilfull" in this case.

Though even more, it has to do with the American public being taught that one single, heartfelt emotional reaction is more worthwhile than ten solid, known facts. Fifty, if the emotion is self-righteous outrage.

I, in no way, am phobic about Muslims. The God I serve tells me to treat all people with the same esteem if at all possible. I am not afraid of them nor do I harbor anger towards them in general. September 11, 2001 is forever engraved in my mind not because of the purpose of their attack, but for the lives lost and the families affected by the loss of thousands within a 2 hr period. I feel a heaviness everytime I watch a slidshow or an old video of those moments. Nothing can happen to me without God allowing it so it is a matter of walking in faith and not by sight. Everything has a purpose. Everything, no matter good or bad, has a purpose. With that being said, I am against putting a mosque @ "Ground Zero". It is a slap in the face of the people's families who lost their lives that day IMO. To build a mosque at a site where Americans died at the hands of so called "martyrs" in the name of the Muslim faith, where people will practice the faith of those who generated that attack, and with so much opposition to the idea in that area is wrong. I don't care what official in our "government" is for it, whether it's the President or just someone else along the political chain.

Sorry, should've spell checked

Edited by H2o

You're condemning anyone who's accusing Beck of "hijacking" MLK's day and place, while simulatneously condemning Beck for hijacking MLK's day and place???

You have actually gone beyond my ability to express how stupid you are.

C'mon now, I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought that was freaking hilarious

Hey- I can create words to suit my mood whenif I feelith like it! :devil:

And I can agree with what you just said- the fact is, that people in general don't like things that are different than themselves. Everyone is a bigot to a degree if you think about it that way.

It is why we have racism and terrorism. It is why those things will never go away.

Hey- I can create words to suit my mood whenif I feelith like it! :devil:

And I can agree with what you just said- the fact is, that people in general don't like things that are different than themselves. Everyone is a bigot to a degree if you think about it that way.

It is why we have racism and terrorism. It is why those things will never go away.

Just wondering. Have you ever taken a real stand on anything? Grow a pair.

Just wondering. Have you ever taken a real stand on anything? Grow a pair.

You truly are living the cliche....... :wallbash:

I have seen opinions from you that I agree with and some that I disagree with. This is one that makes me think you have just run out of things to say. Quite a shame 3rd, as I do have some amount of respect for you.

As far as growing a pair, I don't believe in going on anonymous message boards and just attacking people......