Mosque coming to Ground Zero

Id be open to them building the mosque ANYWHERE ELSE in NYC. ****, they can build it in !@#$ing MIDTOWN if they wanted to.

You !@#$ing dummy......Im ASKING FOR Imam Rauf to reach out and TEACH ME about Islam, so that I have a better understanding, instead of "what I hear in the news." Have you read my yposts in this thread? Thats all Im asking for. But no...he refuses....and Im a "bigot" beucase Id like Imam Rauf to either be sensitive to the 9/11 families or at least make an effort to reach out to the the community and foster a good relationship with those who are sensitive to his project.

And not for nothing...I dont give a **** about your little perfect Daddy. Nice of you to make uneducated, ignorant blanket statements about others while at the SAME time, lecturing them about NOT doing just that.

And I LOVE how asking for some outreach or for Imam Rauf to reconsider his location is "stomping all over the Constitution." But I guess Nancy Pelosi calling for a formal investigation of those who oppose this project is OK in your book, right?

You're moving very close to Conner territory.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except he's dead wrong. This is entirely about religious freedom. That's one of the founding principles of this country.

Their intolerance doesn't negate yours. In fact, it rather confirms it, since you're basically demanding the same practice (no defiling lower Manhattan by those dirty sand !@#$s) here. Biggest difference is: they have a legal right to their practice of intolerance, you not so much.

How do you translate "please reconsider your location out of respect for the families of 9/11 or please help me understand your project, Imam Rauf" into "no defiling lower manhattan, you dirty sand !@#$?"

Youre either !@#$ing insane, or trying to push buttons....which is it?

You're moving very close to Conner territory.

Where am I wrong? Please do better than "youre intolerant."

As Im asking Imam Rauf to help me understand his project, Im asking YOU to help me understand where Im off base.

How do you translate "please reconsider your location out of respect for the families of 9/11 or please help me understand your project, Imam Rauf" into "no defiling lower manhattan, you dirty sand !@#$?"

That's what he always does.

Where am I wrong? Please do better than "youre intolerant."

I don't have to, because "you're intolerant" covers it pretty well. I don't expect you to get that, anymore than I expect EII to admit he's a !@#$ing bigot. People generally aren't big enough to face their demons, which is why the demons usually get the best of them.

As Im asking Imam Rauf to help me understand his project, Im asking YOU to help me understand where Im off base.

Asked and answered, numerous times. Conner.

Pretty easily, actually. You wouldn't even consider this an issue if it wasn't a mosque. That, right there, is intolerant, bigoted, and discriminatory.

Id be open to them building the mosque ANYWHERE ELSE in NYC. ****, they can build it in !@#$ing MIDTOWN if they wanted to.

You !@#$ing dummy......Im ASKING FOR Imam Rauf to reach out and TEACH ME about Islam, so that I have a better understanding, instead of "what I hear in the news." Have you read my yposts in this thread? Thats all Im asking for. But no...he refuses....and Im a "bigot" beucase Id like Imam Rauf to either be sensitive to the 9/11 families or at least make an effort to reach out to the the community and foster a good relationship with those who are sensitive to his project.

And not for nothing...I dont give a **** about your little perfect Daddy. Nice of you to make uneducated, ignorant blanket statements about others while at the SAME time, lecturing them about NOT doing just that.

And I LOVE how asking for some outreach or for Imam Rauf to reconsider his location is "stomping all over the Constitution." But I guess Nancy Pelosi calling for a formal investigation of those who oppose this project is OK in your book, right?

If he was building a hot dog stand, would you ask him to teach you about how to case hot dogs? Nancy Pelosi? Surely you can come up with something better! Bwa ha ha ha!

If he was building a hot dog stand, would you ask him to teach you about how to case hot dogs? Nancy Pelosi? Surely you can come up with something better! Bwa ha ha ha!

Missed that bit about Nancy. She's a !@#$ing idiot. :thumbdown:

I suppose many people have suspicions that encased in this mosque plan is the wink, secret handshake and nod of some kind of Islamic triumphalism - some radicalizing force that secretly seeks to make martyrs out of radicals and criminals.

However, I urge them to consider that the more radicalizing force is a community that feels it has no stake in THIS society, and nowhere to go, that even though they are fully American, their stake in THIS society is not welcome or in someways will never be seen as through any prism but that of East/West culture war, where one must win and the other be absorbed.

I think in some respects allowing this does more to honor American virtues, and thereby the dead, than creating some kind of Holy Perimeter or circumference of respect. I also would like to remind you that there are crescents among the crosses and stars at Arlington, a mosque in the Pentagon, and Kareem Abdul Jabar in the movie Airplane.

I suppose many people have suspicions that encased in this mosque plan is the wink, secret handshake and nod of some kind of Islamic triumphalism - some radicalizing force that secretly seeks to make martyrs out of radicals and criminals.

However, I urge them to consider that the more radicalizing force is a community that feels it has no stake in THIS society, and nowhere to go, that even though they are fully American, their stake in THIS society is not welcome or in someways will never be seen as though any prism but that of East/West culture war, where one must win and the other be absorbed.

I think in some respects allowing this does more to honor American virtues, and thereby the dead, than creating some kind of Holy Perimeter or circumference of respect. I also would like to remind you that there are crescents among the crosses and stars at Arlington, a mosque in the Pentagon, and Kareem Abdul Jabar in the movie Airplane.

And after days of yammering and bickering, X. Benedict just won the thread with a single post. Congratulations.

However, I urge them to consider that the more radicalizing force is a community that feels it has no stake in THIS society, and nowhere to go, that even though they are fully American, their stake in THIS society is not welcome or in someways will never be seen as though any prism but that of East/West culture war, where one must win and the other be absorbed.

And what's Airplane about? An air disaster where all the pilots are incapacitated. Coincidence...or a warning? :thumbdown:

You mean like in uber-tolerant Europe?

Gotcha.

You mean like in uber-tolerant Europe?

Gotcha.

Actually Europe is battling the divide I was talking about, I was thinking more of my general practitioner, dentist, mailman, financial analyst, and neighbor who happens to be a military recruiter.

And what's Airplane about? An air disaster where all the pilots are incapacitated. Coincidence...or a warning? :lol:

And I think they made fun of Jewish Sports Legends. Sounds like an anti-Zionist plot. I will reconsider.

Actually Europe is battling the divide I was talking about, I was thinking more of my general practitioner, dentist, mailman, financial analyst, and neighbor who happens to be a military recruiter.

That's kind of my point. These people think they're facing discrimination? Move to Europe.