The Bills' 3-4

Thanks for posting Dave. Good read.

I always felt one of Veek's strengths was blitzing.

On top of that, I always considered him stronger as a run player than as a coverage player. The author, Jeff Winter, sees this differently than do I.

Either way, the article predicts that Mitchell will be the odd man out of the starting lineup.

Interesting, I would of thought that Schobel would be playing the pass rushing LB and that Maybin would sub in for him.

hm I think schobel has always been better against the run.. I know he had some high sack years, but that was when we had a really good D overall.

Thanks for posting Dave. Good read.

I always felt one of Veek's strengths was blitzing.

On top of that, I always considered him stronger as a run player than as a coverage player. The author, Jeff Winter, sees this differently than do I.

Either way, the article predicts that Mitchell will be the odd man out of the starting lineup.

Thanks.

Actually, the rumblings piece that's linked to at the beginning of the article - on the 3-4 v. 4-3 more generally - is excellent too: http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/1/26/...scheme-will-the

Truly amazing to think that Bruce Smith recorded 200 NFL sacks playing as a 2-gap DE in this system.

If they adjusted sack statistics for level of difficulty, he'd be thousands ahead of Reggie White.

This is being consistently overrated by everyone.

The Bills rushed 4 guys on EVERY down. There was almost never a three man rush. Sometimes we sent 5 or 6.

It wasn't like the current 3-4's.