From The Current Roster: What About These Guys?

In all the back and forth on what the Bills lack on the lines, needs that might have been taken care of in the draft/FA signings, etc., it's easy to overlook who the Bills do have under contract. Most of them haven't had much playing time and frankly I don't know enough about their pluses and minuses to have an informed opinion so I thought I'd ask those of you who really do know what you're talking about to weigh in. I'm sure the usual segment of "The Bills suck, RW's cheap, Nix is senile" types will be unable to restrain "contributing," but it would be nice if those of you who are truly knowledgeable -- and a surprising number of people on here are -- would add your thoughts on these guys:

Kirk Chambers

Rashaad Duncan

Chris Ellis

Marlon Favorite

Christian Gaddis

Lonnie Harvey

Andre Ramsey

Jason Watkins

Which of these guys is on the roster in September? Do any of them look to be big contributors? Do any of them become starters?

In all the back and forth on what the Bills lack on the lines, needs that might have been taken care of in the draft/FA signings, etc., it's easy to overlook who the Bills do have under contract. Most of them haven't had much playing time and frankly I don't know enough about their pluses and minuses to have an informed opinion so I thought I'd ask those of you who really do know what you're talking about to weigh in. I'm sure the usual segment of "The Bills suck, RW's cheap, Nix is senile" types will be unable to restrain "contributing," but it would be nice if those of you who are truly knowledgeable -- and a surprising number of people on here are -- would add your thoughts on these guys:

Kirk Chambers

depth and utility player, more than likely makes the roster

Rashaad Duncan

appears to have the size to rotate at NT, don't know much about him

Chris Ellis

touted as a passrusher @ VT, he should have a chance to make the roster at OLB, but a bad camp could spell the end of his time in buffalo

Marlon Favorite

backup who has struggled in the pros so far, prob just a camp body or PS player

Christian Gaddis

utility lineman, probably gets cut at the end of camp, but could make it as a depth player

Lonnie Harvey

this is the guy I would like to keep an eye on, great size could be a nice player to rotate at NT, hopefully our new DC can maximize his potential, he could be a real steal, pure run stuffing NT type

Andre Ramsey

appears to have good enough size to play, but based on where he was drafted I'd guess that he's a project player, and probably not likely to make the team, possible PS player

Jason Watkins

High potential, converted TE, has all the attributes you want in a LT except a few things, he's a project player with a high ceiling, hopefully we develop him.

Which of these guys is on the roster in September? Do any of them look to be big contributors? Do any of them become starters?

the potential of harvey and watkins is intriguing, keeping them around would be wise if the staff feels they are coachable enough to improve. Ellis is in a make or break yr. a disappointment as a DE so far, hopefully his conversion to OLB is smooth and we can get production out of our former 3rd rd pick

the potential of harvey and watkins is intriguing, keeping them around would be wise if the staff feels they are coachable enough to improve. Ellis is in a make or break yr. a disappointment as a DE so far, hopefully his conversion to OLB is smooth and we can get production out of our former 3rd rd pick

Excellent!

Chambers was cut last year and brought back when all of our tackles got injured. He's really only showed that he's not good enough to stick around. I doubt seriously that he makes it.

Chris Ellis has shown himself to be a slower, poor-man's version of Maybin. As an undersized DE the transition to OLB is his last chance to stick on the roster. If he cannot play in space then he won't make it. I didn't have high hopes for him before and he's consistently underperformed even those.

Lonny Harvey is huge. This gives a lot of people who haven't seen him hope that maybe he can be a giant body in the middle that can't be moved. Unfortunately there's a lot more to football than being huge.