President Obama coming to Buffalo

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how people dislike this President so much that they mock and can't him visiting Buffalo. Just sad.

Right, cuz that never happened under Bush :thumbsup:

Get over it, it's in the job description.

Is that a union shop he's going to?

According to Politico, he'll be explaining that jobs creation is a big priority for him (third time this year, no less), and that the Republicans are standing in the way of jobs bills.

So I'd say "Yeah. Definitely unions. Definitely unions. Yeah."

According to Politico, he'll be explaining that jobs creation is a big priority for him (third time this year, no less), and that the Republicans are standing in the way of jobs bills.

So I'd say "Yeah. Definitely unions. Definitely unions. Yeah."

Wait a minute, wasn't the stimulus bill a jobs bill. A really big one that cost $800 billion? Why would we need another bill? We did that already, right?

Wait a minute, wasn't the stimulus bill a jobs bill. A really big one that cost $800 billion? Why would we need another bill? We did that already, right?

No, no. The stimulus bill was just a bill to keep unemployment from going over 8%. It's just that no one explained for how long. So while you could argue the stimulus didn't do its job, that would be unfair, because it stopped something else from happening...a depression...and since it never happened, it's pretty clear the stimulus is the reason it never happened.

I swear, sometimes this administration reminds me of Dewey Oxberger: "See you gotta make my bunk. See, we're in Italy. The guy on the top bunk has gotta make the guy on bottom bunk's he's gotta make his bunk all the time. See it's in the regulations. See, if we were in Gremany I would have to make yours, but we're in Italy and you gotta make mine. It's regulations."

Yes, for Obama's sake. Might as well go to the dumbest, most easily fooled audience.

It's Republicans fault there is a lack of good job in Buffalo! :doh:

Tea Party? Republicans have done A LOT for Buffalo. HAHAHAHA!! :doh:

Don't underestimate the race element in the assessment of Obama... his results may have little to do with anything. It really seems to irritate a large segment of white America that a black man was elected president...they never thought it would happen...but it has. Deal with it, bigots! People keep on insisting that those who voted for Obama should be embarrassed, or ashamed...I haven't seen anything so far, to make me feel either way, particularly in light of our political past.

The thing I am ashamed or embarrassed by, is how transparent a large amount of the criticism of Obama is rooted in racism. Just read this thread... you board stalwarts accuse Obama supporters of being "blind lemmings" or "liberal douchebags" (good one Dante!)...yet your criticisms are no more substantial, and often, way off base...

You're the second most racist member of TBD. Congrats.