Really sad day for my family

Just got THIS in the mail.

After 30+ years of being a season ticket holder and our seats being passed down from my grandfather, to my father, then to my father and I, I couldn't convince my father to renew this year after our club lease had expired. I'm not living in Buffalo anymore and only make it back for maybe 2 games a year (if lucky). Frankly, I didn't try that hard to convince him.

I started going to the games in 1986 and didnt miss a single home game until 2004. We made a lot of friends in our section. Some are like family now and we go to each other's weddings and funerals, etc. I grew up amongst these people as I was 7 when I started going, and saw them start families of their own and in turn watched their kids grow up.

This doesn't mean that we are giving up on the team. But after my father calculated how much money we've dumped into this team, it was tough to justify. We'll still be watching every Sunday, maybe if they finally show us something we'll come back next year. Here's to keeping hope eternal.

Go Bills!

Left my violin at home...

ha, i know, pity party, boo hoo. i meant it more as a statement about the condition of the franchise and how far/low it's come. that even the most loyal and longstanding fans are reconsidering putting money into the team.

Just a quick question...

I know somone who wanted 4 season tix on the first level between the 30 yd. lines and was told there were none available... and I assume that included club seats... or are they different?

After 30+ years of being a season ticket holder and our seats being passed down from my grandfather, to my father, then to my father and I, I couldn't convince my father to renew this year after our club lease had expired. I'm not living in Buffalo anymore and only make it back for maybe 2 games a year (if lucky). Frankly, I didn't try that hard to convince him.

I started going to the games in 1986 and didnt miss a single home game until 2004. We made a lot of friends in our section. Some are like family now and we go to each other's weddings and funerals, etc. I grew up amongst these people as I was 7 when I started going, and saw them start families of their own and in turn watched their kids grow up.

This doesn't mean that we are giving up on the team. But after my father calculated how much money we've dumped into this team, it was tough to justify. We'll still be watching every Sunday, maybe if they finally show us something we'll come back next year. Here's to keeping hope eternal.

Go Bills!

Compelling story. Thanks for sharing, Doc.

It's a broken string, but not a permanent end. Time for the team to prove something to its loyal fans. Your family can't be blamed for this. Time for the Bills to step up to the plate and get the fans excited again.

I'm amazed at the Bills' season ticket culture which you were raised in. I have lots of friends with seasons that are starting their own traditions but I've heard of very few that have been such a huge part of people's lives, as yours has been (weddings, etc).

Well, it'll be a season of change, that's for sure. Hope your Dad's withdrawl doesn't hit him too hard. You live out of town so it'll be easier for you to see games on TV. Wonder what your Dad is gonna do.

Just a quick question...

I know somone who wanted 4 season tix on the first level between the 30 yd. lines and was told there were none available... and I assume that included club seats... or are they different?

the club seats are up under the cover, so depending on if they interpreted "first level" to mean lower bowl and your friends meant "not upper deck", there could have been a misunderstanding.

Our seats, while still reserved for another week or so, were towards the tunnel corner on the Bills side, sorta right over the wall from the Family Section.

Compelling story. Thanks for sharing, Doc.

It's a broken string, but not a permanent end. Time for the team to prove something to its loyal fans. Your family can't be blamed for this. Time for the Bills to step up to the plate and get the fans excited again.

I'm amazed at the Bills' season ticket culture which you were raised in. I have lots of friends with seasons that are starting their own traditions but I've heard of very few that have been such a huge part of people's lives, as yours has been (weddings, etc).

Well, it'll be a season of change, that's for sure. Hope your Dad's withdrawl doesn't hit him too hard. You live out of town so it'll be easier for you to see games on TV. Wonder what your Dad is gonna do.

thanks SJBF, i think my dad will mostly miss the tailgate parties that he was responsible for throwing. starting with the Rob Johnson era, the games just became more of an excuse to get together with 20-30 of our closest friends and grill up some good food before a football game got in the way of our fun. he became a regular king of the tailgate himself. i guess if he misses that, he can still head down to the games and set up shop, then pack up for the game! :doh:

Go Bills!

I am actually excited about this season... new coach, new players and maybe even a superstar in Spiller.

I am actually excited about this season... new coach, new players and maybe even a superstar in Spiller.

I don't know about excited but I will always renew my seasons and keep going. They have sucked, still suck, and probably will continue to suck but my a$$ will be in a seat. Were Bills fans its what we do.

Go Bills!

Where were your seats? Section and row if you don't mind.

i am too. not really about THIS season, but more so about where the team is headed if they can keep building properly. i think they can turn it around in a couple of years.

Go Bills!

I am sure you are not in that situation alone, with the economy and the terrible condition of the Bills' organization, some would say it is common sense to let them go considering your situation. It is kinda funny that they are still putting the four Super Bowl emblems on their official letters, but then again, I guess they took too much hassle for having a pic of Brian Moorman on the other letters. I personally wish half of the season ticket holders would follow what you are doing, maybe Ralphie and the crew will get the message that it is time they put a little effort into the team, if not for themselves for the fans who are the best in the NFL. If anyone who says they are Bills fan isn't frustrated with this team, then they are really a clone of Ray Charles with earplugs in, because they obviously haven't seen or heard any of the past decade.

I have no idea what the tickets and PSL would run but could you make some of it back on the resale market? I guess a lot depends on how competitive the Bills look. Sucks to just give 'em up like that.

PTR

I have no idea what the tickets and PSL would run but could you make some of it back on the resale market? I guess a lot depends on how competitive the Bills look. Sucks to just give 'em up like that.

PTR

we had 4 tickets, but when our last lease was up, dropped them down to 2 instead of giving them up completely. but that is still a couple grand a year, and a tough sell when most people cant even give their tickets away by week 8. we were on the fence about re-signing the lease for 4 more years, but did it in good faith of the last rebuilding effort, and look where that got us. the same could be said for the lease even previous to that when we were re-building with Donahoe. enough is enough. build it, and THEN we'll come.

who knows, with our luck, maybe finally giving the tickets up will be exactly what this team needed to succeed. you know it always works out that way, the year we give up ticket, theyll go to the playoffs. if that is what it takes, then so be it.

When I worked at Tops, in the early 1980's, I purchased two season tickets, at a discount price to Tops employees... went to every game from 1980-1987, before moving away form Buffalo...great timing I know...but, anyways, my buddy, who I shared the ticket with, kept them. He moved away about a year later, and passed them on to his sister and brother in-law...his sister passed away, his brother in-law still has them. He has added 4 tickets on...every time I go home during football season, he seems to have a couple of extra tickets...

Just a quick question...

There are tons of seats in the lower bowl for 4 between the 30's. We upgraded to about the 25 yard line (6 from the goal line) and were offered 30 and 40 yard line seats, HOWEVER, they were in rows 11 or closer to the field, which are awful seats.

I also don't think new people wishing buy season tickets can buy them between the 10's until all of the current season ticket holders are through with the seat upgrade process.

This is a great year to upgrade if you are keeping your tickets.