Students sent home from school for wearing

I'm surprised more ethnic based holidays haven't taken off after watching the way so many people go crazy on days like cinco de mayo and St. Patrick's day. With all the people looking for excuses to get drunk, I'm surprised there isn't one of these holiday's each month. Maybe someday they'll be digging up some celebration from a tiny remote village in the middle of central Africa. We can only hope.

They're trying. The Greek community was very upset last month when Bloomberg blew off their parade to spend the weekend at his retreat in Bermuda.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The intent is pretty obvious. We all went to high school, how many times did kids show up wearing American Flag shirts? It was clearly some misguided protest about something they don't fully understand.

Though being sent home is pretty harsh. I mean who actually celebrates Cinco de Mayo? Drunk frat boys?

My father growing up in the 1940's/1950's said he would wear orange on St. Patrick's Day... He is of Polish decent. "You can't blame him for getting it mixed up!" :beer:

:D:thumbsup:

t-shirts with American Flags!! It was Cinco de Mayo after all. How insensitive. Just unbelievable. That school district should be ashamed. I especially love this quote

Go ahead and wear whatever the heck you want on the 4th of July, I promise it won't offend me. Hard not to feel our country is sinking fast with nonsense like this going on.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36981179/ns/lo...co_bay_area_ca/

Did Annicia complain in English?